Home Buying in Plymouth>Question Details

Robyn, Other/Just Looking in Walled Lake, MI

i am interested in a lot in plymouth that is actually not for sale. i have done some research and found out

Asked by Robyn, Walled Lake, MI Sun Jul 27, 2008

(through tax records) who the owner is. should i approach the owner about my interest in the property? if so, how should i go about it?

Answers

3
Robyn,
I also would suggest that you arm your self with an ally that knows how to complete the deal and take care of the legal/paperwork activity should the owner be interested in your proposition. That way you don't get bogged down in unexpected delays that would frustrate yourself and the property owner. In your case your "father-in-law" may be a good resource for you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Web Reference: http://webuildrochester.com
thank you for the information. yes we want to build on it...actually my boyfriend's dad is a builder. that being the case i guess i will ask him about it as well.
Are you looking to build a home or is for commercial development? Talking to a builder may give you some insight as to how to approach this process. You may go to the owner directly, but I would recommend you arm yourself with as much market information as possible. Knowing what other lots have sold for recently in or near that are will help. If you have a real estate agent that you work with they can run some numbers for you and gather the data you need to make a smart offer.