Home Buying in Irvine>Question Details

Ar, Home Buyer in Irvine, CA

i am going to pay 700k for 2000 sq ft townhome in irvine, CA(Woodbury neighborhood) Am i overpaying for the property?

Asked by Ar, Irvine, CA Tue May 21, 2013

Answers

11
Hi Arun,

You should trust your agent. I'm sure the agent must have provided the latest sale in the area. In my opinion it is the market value. But not knowing the condition & upgrades of the property you are buying, it is hard to answer.

Rekha
That's a good price. Great Area!!!
Hi Ar,

First thing your agent should have provided you the comps to see what has sold and what is on the market currently and last year if necessary so you can see that the market is going up.
Next, we would need the address to tell you what our opinion would be...

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
In general I don't think there is anything wrong with the price per sq ft - Woodbridge is a GREAT community. But make sure this is the right townhome FOR YOU. Is the floor plan appropriate for your lifestyle? Is it bright enough both from natural light and from standard lighting. And so on. I am in the process of taking a great listing - 4 bed/4 BA great floor plan. The seller cannot stand that there is no window in any of the bathrooms. That's OK - That's her thing. The Buyer will likely think that the privacy is fantastic! All I'm saying is - pay attention to those things. If your $700K townhome does't have the things you want, you won't like it in just a few months no matter how good, or bad, a deal you think it is!
Im an Irvine broker specialist. Most Irvine homes are higher priced. Woodbury is a new community so most homes there are higher than compare to El Camino area. For a 700K, you will be able to buy a SFR in El Camino or Woodbrigde area.

Sylvia Palomo Group dre # 01087501
powered by ERA Buy America Real Estate Services
714-803-7854
Not if you want to own it before the price is higher next month. Buy it quick! Good luck!!
It is hard to give a solid answer to this question without knowing the property that you are buying. There are to many variables to give a real solid answer given the lack of inventory which is driving up prices. If you have already put in an offer and it has been accepted then your agent should provide you with the comp's for the property. If you need a second opinion I would be happy to help you out. Drop me an email with the information and I will send you back some comps.

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
estatepricing@yahoo.com
DRE 01405146
Arun,

The market has shot up considerably in the last few months. It may feel like you are overpaying if you are strictly looking at the numbers. You have to consider your personal situation: do you have an alternative solution? Can you risk waiting for a better deal, and perhaps pay even more for a similar house next time if you don't find one?

These are a few questions to ponder...

Kat Rozman
949-355-2400
Irvine has quality of life. It is very popular City and great investment. Call me at 949-400-4677 to get you inside information.
Arun,

You're posting all over the place, huh? LOL...good strategy. Saturate the message boards and eventually something helpful will populate.

Listen, I'd be happy to run a CMA for you regarding this townhome. My office is located adjacent to Woodbury, so I'm in the area a lot.

If you're interested, give me a call.

Andrew
949.705.7676
There are a lot of factors that go into valuing a home. Without knowing which property you're referring to, it's hard to say. If you don't feel comfortable mentioning it publicly, you can get in touch with me directly. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Joe Van Fossen
(714) 584-7154
joe.vanfossen@gmail.com