Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

Kendall Wong, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

i am exploring a place to retire maybe in 15 years. I heard San diego is a great place to retire. I am looking for a quiet and safe neiborhood.

Asked by Kendall Wong, San Diego, CA Sun Sep 15, 2013

Answers

13
Hello Kendall,

The implication is that you would not be needing a place here in San Diego until 15 or so years down the road. Perhaps you are entertaining the idea of getting a property now, renting it out for the next 15 years, and then moving into it? While I do not know your exact situation, I can tell you this much. Life is precious and my philosophy is you might as well live in the very best place possible for the majority of your life. There is a solid reason why San Diego is known as America's Finest City. Couple that with America being the finest country in the world and that leads to one conclusion.....San Diego is the place to be. Having said that, I'd encourage you to try and make it work so you can not only retire here, but actually live throughout the time leading up to retirement. There are many great places to live here and while I realize you want safe and quiet, there will be many other factors that determine the very best spot for you. As a native San Diegan, you'll want to deal with someone who knows the various neighborhoods throughout San Diego and is open to showing them to you, as opposed to being steered to one particular area. When working with a professional, they should be asking you all the right questions so they can make the best use of your time.

It's great that you are planning for the future and there is no time to act like the present. Please feel free to inquire if you'd like additional insight into America's Finest City.

Chad Basinger, REALTOR®, CPA, CFP®
858-997-3704
chad@chadbasinger.com
Web Reference: http://www.chadbasinger.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
Hi Kendall, True!!We love our coastal boomer community close to shopping, medical and freeways!! Perfect 55+ relocation plan to purchase now and finance with low rates and prices which are increasing and pay off in full in 15 years or shorter. You may also consider as a 2nd home or we may lease your property for you until your full time retirement possession!! We know all the peaceful areas in San Diego County. We would love the opportunity to work together, and share our local knowledge with you. We can provide the best personal buyer representation expertise for you whenever you are ready to seriously consider this important end game move!! Meantime, I will be glad to email you some homes to view online to get an idea of what you can purchase in todays' market in your retirement target price range and desirable criteria. Contact maureen@landangel.com or call/text 760 622 6855. Let's make home happen!!
Web Reference: http://www.coastal.biz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
Thanked . looking for a 3 bd single family home with a good view of the ocean at a DISTANT. How much am I looking at?
Flag Wed Sep 18, 2013
It depends on where in San Diego you would like to retire. I suggest the beaches small communities, and you can walk to everything. And, what you would like to spend? monthly on your rent/mortgage
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
San Diego is a lovely place to live - but it is not cheap. We pay for the wonderful weather in our real estate prices!

I would encourage you to come visit a log, get to know the neighborhoods and the price points - understanding of course that we''re talking about a point of time far away from now.

I'd be glad to speak with you, meet with you and orient you to our fair city.

Cindy Davis, Broker
SD Home Source Realty
Phone: (619) 379-8616
Email: cindydavishomes@gmail.com
Web: http://www.1sandiegohomesales.com
CA DRE #01363537
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
I told my mother I was only going to live here for a year or two...that was 20 years ago. What you are looking for depends on your lifestyle. There are plenty of quiet and safe neighborhoods. what do you like to do? Are you a city person or a country person. Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? I had a snow ball fight with my kids in the mountains one morning and was digging clams with them down at the beach that same afternoon.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
Hi Kendall,

I am Debbie Bulkeley with the Katie Hawkes Group. Of course, many people come to San Diego to retire because of the fabulous weather. We can determine the best place for you to find a home that will both work for you as a retirement home and a rental home in the meantime. Depending upon your price range and hobbies, we can find a dream home for you. I can also do a demand analysis that will show the demand and trajectory of the market in the neighborhood you choose so that it will be easy to rent and will gain equity over time. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally to be able to help you further.
Debbie Bulkeley
858-243-6717
dbulkeley@prusd.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
Yes, your information is correct! I have lived in San Diego for the past 42 years, and have spent the past 25 in a community called Rancho Bernardo. It is delightful! The country's first master planned community. Rather than bore you with details you may already know, may I suggest you Google it.
My husband is retired as are many of my friends here, I think the lifestyle here is ideal for most anyone and especially the retired. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone at any time to discuss further.
Patti Hall
(858) 414-3950
phallhomes@gmail.com
Windermere Homes & Estates
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
I can help you get the mortgage you want and can afford. For mortgage help, call or email for a free pre-approval in less than 10 minutes. We lend our own money and are licensed in 49 states.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (855) 415-5626.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Crosscountry Mortgage Inc.
Toll Free: (855) 415-5626 ext. 5734
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
NMLS# 948036
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
There are many quiet and safe neighborhoods in San Diego. It is one of the most affordable and safe places to live in Southern California. But the neighborhoods vary greatly in price.

Usually it is hard to find a quality home in a safe neighborhood near the beach for less than $600k. But there are many inland neighborhoods where you can find detached homes between $300-$400k.
What is your price range?
you are looking in the right place , i have lived in san diego my whole life and would live no other place . when the time is right i would love to help you find a home in san diego. i know all the best places to live here and would stop at nothing to help you find you dream home. thanks contact andre mcgarry 760 908 9022. andremcgarry@kw.com
Albuquerque, NM was named 25 Best Places to Retire. There is much to be said about a City where you can ski, play golf, enjoy the Balloon Fiesta, Casinos, and eat our famous Red or Green Chile. What you don't get, however, are big city home prices.
Now is a great time to buy. New Mexico is beautiful and full of Art and History. Call me and I can assist you with more information.

Olivia Alvarado/ Realor
eXp Realty
505-414-1896
Looks like you got a really good answer below.

Let me know if you need a purchase loan for the property or want to get pre-approved (this will increase the chances of your loan being accepted) because I can certainly help you out there. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
You are absolutely correct that San Diego is a best place to live. It you are looking to buy a property I would be happy to help. Dmitry 619-977-4929