Home Buying in Logan Square>Question Details

Shivinder Si…, Home Buyer in Indiahoma, OK

i am an indian and want to buy a property in chicago my budget is 100000 $ please suggest the area

Asked by Shivinder Singh, Indiahoma, OK Thu May 31, 2012

Answers

8
Bill J Deligiannis’ answer
Work with a Realtor, a Lender, a Rehabber, and a Property Manager. Do not through your meny away just because 2-3 flats are available for $20-$30k in certain areas. Do your DUE DILIGENCE.
Check out the Devon neighborhood in north Chicago.
Lodbrok:

Your reply is inappropriate and I'm sure you know why.
Flag Sat Jul 27, 2013
Hello Shivinder,

We cannot suggest a neighborhood for you based on your ethnicity. That would be a violation of the fair housing laws and considered steering.

If you let us know what your specific needs are, i.e. # of bedrooms, # of baths, areas you like, do you need parking, etc...we can then better serve your needs.

Your best course of action would be to work with a buyers agent that will guide you. Interview a few agents, start with the ones that replied to your query here on Trulia. A buyers agent, for the most part, is at no charge to you.

Good luck & hope this helps!
I've got a condo that is recently rehabbed and I am looking to sell. It is less than your $100,000 budget so this might be a good fit for you. Here is a website with the unit and further information: http://www.reiblackbook.com/p/829 - Let me know if you have any questions, want to come tour the property or need anything further.

respectfully,
Tony Guisto
708-942-7039
It would actually be illegal for us to do anything of this nature. It is called steering. I would suggest you go find an area you are comfortable with. Then once you know your place, get a good agent and have them help you through the process.
Depending on the area in Chicago, you can definitely get a house or condo with a $100K budget. How many bedrooms and baths? There are currently 4 single family active listings in the Logan Square area if that would interest you. Call or email me for more information.
There are some areas where 100K can get you something, but is it 100K cash or 100K purchase price with a loan? Is this an investment property or do you want to live in it? That makes a difference on your ability to get a loan. Do you want a condo or a house?? Do you know the CHicago area? If not, are you willing to rely on a stranger (agent) to guide you?? Send me an email or call and we can talk more about it if you like.
There are many neighborhoods in Chicago where $100,000 will buy a nice house. I just helped clients close on a $95,000 4 bedroom last week. Much depends on the size and your transportation needs. I'd be happy to help you find something. Give me a call on my cell at 773-34-4114 or an email dboyle@rubloff.com