Home Buying in 92337>Question Details

Aj, Home Buyer in 92337

i am a canadian citizen and wants to buy property for living and for investment purpose. i also want to buy a business. what do i have to go thru?

Asked by Aj, 92337 Fri Jun 10, 2011

i need to check if it is a good time to purchase a property and also a business for making my living? i also need to know what will it entail to get the resident permits and other permissions for buying a property and a business? can someone please guide.

Help the community by answering this question:


talk to an immigration attorney about the types of visa you may be eligible for.Get that taken care of, then find a good agent or maybe a commercial one and a residential one in the area you want to live
Happy hunting!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 10, 2011
I'm currently working with a Canadian client to buy a vacation/retirement property. There are some pretty unique tax rules between Canada and the US. For example: You can invest 100K in post tax US dollars here without any major reporting issues or Canadian tax penalties. This client is buying a home for 90k and if he sells it for 300k 10 years from now the Canadian government doesn't care. Our two governments work together closely.

Meet with the equivalent of a CPA and an Attorney that handles foreign affairs or immigration to get your situation nailed down. Disclaimer: I am neither.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 10, 2011
We love and welcome Canadian neighbors to San Diego. We are a full service real estate investment brokerage and general contractor. We specialize in distressed properties be it residential or commercial. We have a very profitable RE portfolio and are currently in the process of developing an ocean front five star boutique hotel and resort among other things. Please feel free to contact us anytime. 760 815-6977 or email us at the link below.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 22, 2011
Now is an excellent time to buy a real estate, whether you're buying a residential or commercial. Even if you are a foreigner, you can still buy real estate in the U.S.; either by paying in cash or getting a loan (yes, there are lenders who lend to foreigners).
First, you need to research the market you're buying in and hopefully you'll find an agent who'll steer you the right way for a profitable endeavor.
Best of luck to you.

George Rahal
Re/Max Advantage
Redlands, CA
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 10, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer