Darneshia Ma…, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

i HAVE A CREDIT SCORE OF 490-503 , AND MY HUSBAND HAS NOTHING ON HIS CREDIT AT ALL. WE WOULD LIKE TO BUY A HOME .IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? AND HOW?

Asked by Darneshia Mack-Reid, Philadelphia, PA Wed Nov 14, 2012

Answers

8
Sheri Curci’s answer
Good Evening Darneshia, Roll up your sleevs and GET READY for grooming your behavior of payments.

Try calling this Financial pro for tweaking the scores + what it takes; http://www.homecatch.com/mortgage
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 15, 2012
Hi Dameshia,

Ofcourse you can buy a house, your score just has to come up a little. Your score is probably low due to derogatory entries on your credit report. I suggest you go to http://www.annualcreditreport.com and see what's on there that's holding your score down. You can dispute the items that are incorrect and pay off the other items for 50% of what you owe.
I also suggest getting at least two secured credit cards from two different banks. PNC offers a secured loan that can be purchased through a CD. These items will help you to strengthen your credit by adding some positive items and also establish your husband's credit.
If you would like to speak more about this please feel free to call me.

Rowena Dabney
Foreclosure Specialist
Quality Real Estate
4823 North Broad Street
Phila. PA 19141
267-407-3859
rowenadabney@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 15, 2012
It is unlikely you could be approved for mortgage financing with that credit score at this time.

Beware of any mortgage professionals promising you an approval with such a low score. Wait on buying a home. I recommend you take the time to resolve your credit issues.

First, settle any outstanding debt. If you owe money on collection accounts, charge-offs and/or judgments, make payment arrangements and get these accounts paid promptly.

Next, begin rebuilding your credit. If you have current accounts with good payment histories, or even some previous late-payment-blemishes, make sure you continue to pay those accounts on time. If you do not have any existing credit accounts then you'll need to establish several in order to create a viable credit history.

I have found that CONSUMER ACTION is an excellent resource for objective advice on all things credit related. You'll find free and sincere advice on everything from settling collection accounts to rebuilding credit to building credit from scratch on their website.

Beware of anyone offering to "repair" your credit! The Federal Trade Commission issued a stern warning last year that such offers are scams. Find more from the FTC HERE.

The best way to buy a home is to have a decent credit history combined with sufficient Income and Assets for a home purchase.

The best way to have a decent credit history is to settle negative outstanding obligations and pay all your bills on time for at least two years.

Good Luck,
Trevor Curran
NMLS#40140
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 14, 2012
tried tp give you a thumbs up, but it isn't working!
Flag Sat Dec 15, 2012
excellent response!
Flag Sat Dec 15, 2012
Hello My name is Rachael I wanted to know if I could get approved for a home loan with a 491 in the state of California
we can put you in a credit work shop and get the score up to 580 and we can take you to Everbank. Michael Cohen 610-642-0347
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 30, 2013
will your program work with someone with a 490 score?
Flag Wed Jan 29, 2014
Yes, Just pay with cash. That would seem to be the only possible way. No bank will give you a mortgage with a score that low. If you have $50,000 cold cash you can buy a house. Good luck.
Hello Darneshia,

If you are thinking of buying a home, in the not so distant future, that dream could be a reality. The first thing you need to do is get you credit score up. I see that you are looking to purchase a home in the Frankford area....the credit restoration girl I use is on Bustleton Ave in Philadelphia...about 10 minutes from your area. She will look over your credit scores and let you know if she can help you and how long it would take. She doesn't charge anything for the initial consulation....if you decide to use her then you can work out a payment plan with her for her help.

If you're interested in trying her out, then email me or call me and I can set you up with her.

Have a great day!

Al Ferraguti, Realtor/Owner
Tri-County Realty
1148 Street Rd.
Southampton, PA 18966
(w) 215-396-3303
(cell) 267-784-8276
(email) TeamFerraguti@Gmail.com
(web) http://www.TCRRealtors.com
Follow TREVOR'S advice below!!!!!!!!!

You are in no position to buy a home now....do not be fooled by anyone making you promises they can't keep!!!!!!

You need to get your financial house in order before even thinking of buying a home.........seriously - anyone advising you otherwise is giving you terrible advice!!!!!

ALSO - BE CAREFUL of any offers to rent a home that sound too good to be true...............they most likely areSCAMS!!
If you find a home listed on "another" SITE WITH A "DIFFERENT" (higher) PRICE - IT IS MOST LIKELY THE TRUE LISTING!

Do NOT send/wire money to anyone unless you have seen the home and are sure you're dealing with the REAL owner!!!
Ask a local agent to verify that the home is TRULY for rent.
Scammers are all over the place.even here on Trulia!!!

Best wishes............
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012