Home Buying in Stroudsburg>Question Details

Frances Wood, Home Buyer in Stroudsburg, PA

hows the commute to nj in the morning looking to buy a house in stroudsburg area but work in summit nj

Asked by Frances Wood, Stroudsburg, PA Sun Oct 14, 2012

Answers

3
Follow this link to learn the approx time and distance for your commute: https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=St…

Time of day for your commute will dictate precise driving time. Remember that many people have moved here from New Jersey and New York and commute daily and are fine with it. You will need to take that drive yourself to discover whether you think it will work for you. Everyone is different. Some of the previous answers to your question will guide you better because of their personal experience! :0)
Kriss
Have home in Stroudsburg and commuted to Summit for 1 1/2 years. Used to leave at 5AM and arrive in Summit at 6AM Have made the same trip recently and around 8-9 AM. With the economy it looks like traffic is less and trip takes 1 1/4 hours or so. Trip home is a different story unless you can leave Summit by 3:30.

By the way we are relocating to Florida full time and 3200 sq foot home (+ 800 unfinished) on 1 1/4 acres and inground pool will be on market after 1/1/13

Any other info, email me at dvmerklin@yahoo.com

Dave
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
Dear Frances,

Depending on the time your traveling, Rush hour can add up to an 45 minutes on to your commute. I would say it would take you 1 1/2 hours without traffic. Best way to gauge the time is to stay at a local hotel near Stroudsburg for a few days during the week and go to your office when you would normally travel to get a feel for the commute. My husband actually commutes to Englewood Cliffs, NJ everyday and although it's 90 miles from our home he's happy with a 1 1/2 hour drive although it can vary. Hope this helps.

If you would like more information please feel free to contact me. Good luck and best wishes in your search.

Keri Leventhal
Realty Executives
405 Dogwood Road
Stroudsburg, PA 18372

Office: (570) 476-2424
Mobile: (516) 578-1890