Home Buying in Boston>Question Details

Michael Lebn…, Real Estate Pro in Wellesley, MA

howe do I list a home for sale

Asked by Michael Lebner, Wellesley, MA Thu May 2, 2013

Answers

10
I would be more than happy to help. Once put on MLS it will attract a lot of attention.

Best of luck
Michael,

If you want to list your home for sale, all you need is to hire an agent you trust to market your house professionally, price it appropriately, and get you the best possible terms from interested buyers. I would interview Realtors until I meet one with the level of professionalism I expect and a demeanor that mirrors yours enough that you'll get along throughout what can be an emotionally charged process.

A Realtor will normally meet with you briefly at your house to get a good look around first. Without actually seeing the property, the next step is impossible for them... They'll go back to their place of business and prepare a comparative market analysis for you. What that does is compares your house to other properties that have sold recently in your area. Properties that are currently under agreement but have not yet closed are also used to zero in on the right number to price your house for marketing, although the information is a not as dependable. This price isn't the same as putting a price-tag on a can of beans, it's going to figure into an overall marketing strategy custom-tailored to your unique property and your goals. The Realtor will then return to your house, or wherever you want to meet, and present their findings to you, go over a strategic approach, answer questions you might have, and ask you to hire them to help you sell your house. How long this whole process takes and how detailed it gets is going to depend a lot on the kind of person you are. I've had people sign listing agreements and send me on my way in minutes, and I've had weeks of Q&A before getting started. Both ways are fine with me. It's your needs that should always be driving the process, so don't sign any agreements until you are completely comfortable.

If that doesn't cover the basics for you, I'm easy to reach through Trulia, and I would be glad to offer more detailed help if necessary.

George Wood
Please look at our site, link below, to consider listing with us.
We market your unit worldwide.
Hi Michael, it seems you are all set? I noticed a listing under your profile. It doesn't appear, however, that it is listed through MLS for maximum exposure. Please feel free to reach out to me (mobile 508-989-1989) if you would like to chat about the possibilities there. Best of luck!
If I were selling in Wellesley I would call Richard Schultz at 617 797 1838. He lives there, has several decades of experience, and knows how to achieve a maximum return on your sale.
Michael this site is intended for agents not for owners wanting to post their homes. However I have been told that if you post your home on other sites it could possibly show up on Trulia.

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
Ex-Mortgage Broker of more than 10 years
http://www.everlastingcredit.com

We also have a DIY service.
Selling homes are like custom made a wedding gown. Every house is unique, home owner has different reason and motivation. To give one specific answer can be very dangerouse to home seller, I normally will have to give a one on one consultation, home tour, market planing, staging, full online marketing, local marketing, etc.... Alk I can say is please take time study the market, talk to professionals. Good luck.
Michael you should consult with Realtors to get an idea of how the market is and what you should do to your home to get the best price possible, if you do not want to work with realtor there are agents that will do "Entry Only Listings" in which they will perform limited service to you and your home will be placed on MLS (Multiple Listing Service) However this is probably one of the biggest sales that most people will do and I strongly recommend that one hire an Agency to to prep the home, do the advertising, be the liason with other agents and their clients and handle all of the negotiations,Some homeowners usually end up after trying to sell on their own will go with a Real Estate Company, I can tell you that I have attended many Real Estate First Time Home Buyers class and almost always those who are attending the First TIme Homebuyers class are told to stay away from FSBO For Sale By Owner that during this type of transaction someone should be representing you and the same holds true for a Seller, I wish you the very best of luck.....Cheryl Allder North Shore of Boston
You can interview brokerages and find one that is knowledgable of the area in which the home is located. From there you can negotiate the commission fee. Typically brokerages charge 5% but that is totally negotiable.
The home must be listed for sale in the MLS. They currently, as far as I know, don't allow traditional 'for sale by owner' listings.