Raxenphell, Home Buyer in 28314

how will my credit rating be affected by being a soldier that has not lived in the UK for over 10 years.?

Asked by Raxenphell, 28314 Mon Sep 13, 2010

The reason I ask is that I have recently returned to the UK I applied for a credit card and it was rejected. I have no other loans have never missed any payments due on previously held loans that are now clear. I have never had any CCJs. The only thing I can think of is that because I can not give post codes of where I have lived because they are al British Forces Post Office addresses. I am quite concerned because I am looking to arrange a mortgage shortly and if I cant get a credit card how am I going to get a mortgage.

Answers

2
You should not be affected as far as living abroad. If you have not had open, good revolving credit lines, that may have a cause and affect. You can call us and we can look at your credit report with you for free and try and see what you need to do in getting started in fixing your credit. 910-875-0291
Thank you for posting your question. I am not sure why you were turned down for a credit card, but I would recommend pulling your free credit report to see if anything pops up on it to make sure you are not a victim of credit fraud. I would also recommend calling a mortgage officer to see what they say and advise you on what to do to improve your credit before you apply for a credit card or buy a home. I use Jason Brooks from New American at 910-920-7283. Let me know if you have any other questions 910-583-3817.

Warmest Regards,
Katrina Rockel