Home Buying in 77301>Question Details

Unhappy, Home Buyer in 77301

how to get out of a client representation agreement?

Asked by Unhappy, 77301 Tue Apr 10, 2012

I feel like I was pushed into an agreement with an agent and now I feel he is not doing any more for me than other agents have done in the past without a retainer . How to get out of this ?

Help the community by answering this question:


#1. Ask
#2. Talk to their broker
#3. You paid a retainer? WOW that's unusual.
If you can get out let us know and we'll find you a really great agent to work with.....no retainer involved.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
There is actually a legal form that releases the buyer from further obligation to the Realtor - Termination of Buyer/Tenant Representation Agreement - which you simply ask the Realtor to provide. Any Realtor who felt their client was not happy with their services would be crazy not to comply with such a request. FYI - I may be one of the few who don't push the Buyer Rep Agreement up front with my prospective clients, I want to meet them first and make sure they have a good feeling about such a commitment before signing that agreement. Judy Regil, http://www.lakeconroejudy.com.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
I'm in agreement with Don (below) if the relationship between you & your agent isn't working it's time for an end. Notify your agent via email requesting an opt out and cc the broker of record. Give an end point for the termination and follow-up if need be.

Please don't move on to another agent until you finalize... can put them (new agent) in "hot" water. When you select your new agent provide them proof of release...email or other.

Happy house hunting... Debra
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
Honestly I always tell my clients if I am not living up to my end of the bargain in their eyes I will happily let them out of the agreement. I do not know if most Realtor's work the same way or not and I have never had a client want out of an agreement they signed with me.

I would recommend speaking with the agent and if that does not work ask to speak with his broker.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
Write a letter, is not a bad idea... However have the respect to directly talk to the agent and or the Broker of the Office. Most times an agent really does have your best interest at heart and is just a little misguided about what you as the customer really want to achieve. Sometimes this new understanding is all that it takes to save valuable time and effort involved by both you and the other agent. The other thing too is that a more competent agent could be introduced by the broker to help facilitate the deal to your best interests.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
Simply write a letter, addressed to the broker, stating that you would like to cancel the buyer rep. agreement and the effective date. Be sure to send it via email, fax it, as well as send it certified thru the mail.. Thanks
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer