Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Frank, Home Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

how to find out if a property has HOA fees?

Asked by Frank, Jacksonville, FL Sat Mar 23, 2013

my wife and I are looking to move to Jacksonville in the near future. we are looking for a single family home but are seeing that some properties have HOA fees. we come from NJ and normally you pay HOA fees on a condo or a property in a gated community NOT a single family residence. how does this work in Jacksonville?

thanks

Answers

4
thanks for your answers. I will get in touch with you separately when the time to look for a home comes. thanks
Some have them. Some don't. Most of the time, it's for upkeep of common areas in a planned subdivision like pools, jogging paths, and landscaping. A lot of public sites (like trulia) aren't really great at filtering out things like HOA dues, CDD fees, etc. If you're looking for something without HOA fees entirely, or you're willing to pay for certain amenities in a community, you're best bet is to just call a buyer's agent like myself, and have them send you the right listings directly from the MLS.
Not ALL homes have association fees.....so...if you fid that a negative you can certainly avoid it.My husband and I live in a fantastic area (Beauclerc...a section of Mandarin) which does not have such fees. Many of the newer neighhoods have fees....some that are less than $100 per year....it depends on the neighborhood.....some have one or more entrances with landscaping and/or lighting, some have community pools, parks, activity areas, playgrounds, etc.....SO...each community is different. As real estate agents we can provide information for any of the neighbrhoods in which you are interested...including, but, not limited to association fees. This is a WONDERFUL place to live! I REALLY believe you will love the area....the river, the ocean, the parks, the convenient road system, the entertainment, the arts, the sports (more varied than you may know). We would love to meet you and your family....give you a tour of the area (if you choose) and, of course, be there for your family EVERY step of the way to make this a joyful search for your new home. Contact Hickory, (my son) at h.delegal@comcast.net or (904) 463-5664 or me, Donna (Hickory's favorite mother) at startpacking@comcast.net or (904) 732-PACK [ 904-732-7225] Thank you for your question.....have a safe trip down....let us know when you will be here....looking forward to perhaps meeting you and showing you the city we LOVE!
Hi Frank,

HOA fees here in the Jacksonville area can run from a few dollars to several hundred. These fees help to maintain the community and property values. By having restrictions, i.e. not working on your car in the driveway or street, helps to preserve the value of your home. They also help defray the cost of maintaining the common areas. You also have the possibility of serving on the HOA board in your community. There are also CDD fees that are applicable in some communities. But that's a different story.

Hope that this helps out. More questions, send them my way.
Best Wishes
Charlie
Charlie Chorman - REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Vanguard Realty
877-331-3359 - Cell/Text
yourrealtor@att.net