Home Buying in Moore>Question Details

Carla, Home Buyer in Moore, OK

how to find builders willing to trade?

Asked by Carla, Moore, OK Fri Mar 25, 2011

I am needing to locate builders in SW part of Oklahoma City who are willing to trade for my home so I can move out of the north part of town. Where do I locate such builders?

Answers

3
Carla,

I agree with Scott on selling your home first as the builder will not pay market for your exsisting home. If the contract locks your exsisting home in with the purchase of the home you have contracted to be built, you could possibly lose both homes if you do not purchase the contracted home being built. Make sure you can trust the builder and check their references prior to hiring them.

Answering the original question, drive the neighborhoods you want to live in and call the builders off of their signs in front of the homes you see yourself living in.

Hope this helps,

Josh Barnett, Realtor
Metro First Realty
The1ListingFee.com
goggle builder websites for trades, if you have a particular subdivision in mind ask the agent that works that subdivision if the builder would consider a trade. The best thing you can do is sell your home yourself by using an agent to market the property. Most builders will only be willing to give you 75% of value less real estate commisions on both sides, less repairs improvements and marketing. If they are giving much more than this chances are you are paying way to much for the new property. In our area the trades have gone away, the banks dont like them & builders may do it but it generally not in your best interest.
You might consider speaking with some of the investors in your area.