Home Buying in Waldorf>Question Details

justME, Home Buyer in Maryland

how to find an agent?

Asked by justME, Maryland Fri Jun 15, 2012

how do you find an agent that is trustworthy and has your best interests at heart when you are new to the area and are trying to buy your first home

Answers

7
Akil Walker’s answer
Hi Justme,

Interview agents in the area. find out are they going to be working with you or someone from their team.

I would like to believe I have the qualities above you noted. give me a call or visit me site.
As a buyer, find an agent who exclusively or primarily works with buyers. You don't want the agent who markets themselves as the "#1 home seller" or "best listing agent" or whatever. Find an agent who's perspective isn't "selling homes" but "representing clients."

http://www.NAEBA.org
Hi Just,

First start by asking around with family and friends. Did anyone have an awesome (and recent) experience with an agent that serves the area where you want to find a home? Make sure the agent knows your area and has had sales there recently. Market conditions change all the time and you want to be well informed before making an offer.

If no one has a recommendation try an on-line search for your area i.e. Waldorf real estate agent and talk to a few to assist you. You'll be able to tell with some conversation when you've found the one for you!
Hello-

You can always go online and review the license history of every Realtor but I would recommend interviewing agents in person. It's one thing to go online and research information but since that's not always reliable information, a face to face interview would give you the best feeling of who you're dealing with. A realtor who listens intently, understands and can articulate your interests is always a good good start. Also, and agent who is familiar with the area (or areas) in which you'd like to live is vital. I hope that this information helps you. Welcome to the area and best wishes with home buying experience!
I have an office in So Md and been in the business for 37 years! I work primarily with first time home buyers! Call me and I will be more than happy to talk to you about buying a home in Maryland and especially the So Md area! My number is 301-785-1995!
The same way you find a friend.
An appropriate environment, visible respect, kindness. Trust until proven untrustworthy.

Getting started, however requires you to have a clue regarding what is of value to you.
We all present our pictures in an attempt to persuade with smiles and sparkling eyes. You have the option to dig deeper by reviewing profiles an the Q&A. But in the end, you'll need to pick up the phone and call someone, if you are a serious buyer.

Don't use the 'contact' button.
Don't use the email link.
Go old school and call.

Best of success in finding a great agent and sensational home.
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
ReMax Realtec Group
http://www.FloridaRealEstateMadeEasy.com
727.420.4041

PS: I don't sell smiles and sparking eyes, I do sell sunsets on beaches.
Trulia has a wealth of info for you:

Look to the right and down a bit; you'll see some pictures of handsom Realtors and underneath, VIEW TRULIA VIPS
click on it and enter your CITY.

You will have all the Realtors who are on Trulia; you may look at their PROFILE, and RECOMMENDATIONS
You may e-mail them and ask them questions.

Good luck and may God bless