Home Buying in Diamond Bar>Question Details

Paige, Home Seller in Sunnyvale, CA

how to find a good buyer's agent in Diamond Bar area?

Asked by Paige, Sunnyvale, CA Mon Apr 21, 2008

hi, I would like to get more info on finding a good buyer's agent. since every one wants to represent the seller(guess more commision) I just wonder how to find a good buyer's agent in Diamond bar, CA area. what quality look for in finding an buyer's agent? what questions should I ask, and in which way they charge commision, some say they charge a flat fee, some say they split with seller's agent?

Answers

9
Your buyer's agent does not charge you a commision fee. They get paid by the seller's agent. The seller's agent gets a commision from the seller, and they split it with the buyer's agent.

So, how do you find a good buyer's agent? Look for someone who responds to you. They should not be too busy to return your phone calls or emails. If an agent is too busy they may not be the best one to work with buyer's. Buyers require a lot more of the agent's time than sellers.

A good buyer's agent should listen to you, and work hard to meet YOUR needs, not what they think is best for you.

Best of luck to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
The agent that you want to use is an agent who negotiates in your best interest based on your wants and ability to purchase.
Most agents don't charge the buyer. Commission is paid by the seller to the seller's and buyer's agents when the purchase is completed.
My office is located in Diamond Bar. Let me know if I can help. Please email me sharontang898@gmail.com or call me at (909) 859-9997.
References. Call them and see what they have to say. If you feel you aren't getting a good list, ask for a list of homes they sold (usually they love providing this), and call the owners yourself. References on a buyer's agent are easy to get, and are a good way to get accurate info on them.
Are you still looking for one? I know an excellent agent there.
you want to look for honesty, experience, and willingness to work.
honesty because you don't want a lier just tries to get you through the transaction and collects commission check.
experience because if the agent does not know anything you will end up paying a lot more and get a horrible house.
willingness to work because you want an agent that does the things necessary to get the work done right.
You should just work with agents that get commission from the seller.

If you want to find out more about picking an agent you should know a little about buying real estate. you can read my other answers in truila and you should be very well equipped to pick a good buyers agent.
A good buyers' agent, would be the one who will do the following for you:
1.- Finds you the perfect neighborehood.
2.-Put together your needs and your wants in the right home for you.
3.-He/she should be able to provide you with FACTS about the market and not opinions.
4.- Should have very strong negotiating skills.
5.- He /She should know where the market is heading.
6.- Should also know the inventory in the area.
7.- He should be able to present the offer to the sellers ,and not via fax to their selling agent.
8.- Should preview all the homes before he takes you for a home tour.
9.-A good agent should be passionate about finding you the home of your dreams, not just a house for you to buy so he/she can make his/her commision.
10.- A good agent should always be reachable, and/or answer your phone calls right away.
11.-a good agent should keep in touch with you before, during and after you have purchased your home
(For years to come).
Agents representing the buyers will make their money by splitting the commision that the seller is offering to the brokers for selling their home.
You should interview your agent by asking him/she about any of the points that I just mention.
I hope my answer will guide you on your search.
Hi Paige,

Thanks for asking the question. Choosing the right Realtor to represent you whether you are the buyer or the seller, is a critical piece of the puzzle and integral to the ultimate success of the venture.

The reason some agents appear to want to work more with sellers than with buyers is not usually because they make more money from the seller (they may, but those cases tend to be the exception not the norm) but rather because most agents ascribe to the old saying "You have to list to last".

What this means is that while working with buyers is rewarding both financially and emotionally, working with sellers and getting the opportunity to advertise the listing, put up a sign and conduct open houses help to generate more leads for the agent and thus more opportunities for additional business.

As for what qualities to look for when choosing your representative, I echo Diana's sentiments - choose someone who you feel comfortable with and trust, who understands your wants and needs and who you like. These are all important factors since you will be sharing your personal financial information with them and entrusting them to help you in what may well be the single largest purchase you have ever made. As for why it is important to like them... you will be spending a lot of time together potentially, so if you don't like each other that time will pretty much suck :-)

As for how the agent gets paid, most agents are paid by a percentage of the commission the seller pays to their agent to handle the sale. Usually whatever amount or percentage the seller agrees to pay is split 50/50 between the buyer's and sellers reps.

So, as a general rule it will cost you the same amount to hire the wrong agent for you as it will to hire the right one - nothing... zip... zero... nada.

As for what to ask, a good agent should be very web savvy, knowlegable about the market as a whole and the area you are interested in speciffically and most importantly should be asking YOU what YOUR wants and YOUR needs are. They should help you find a lender (if you don't have one already) and help you understand how the loans that are offered will work for you.

Most importantly, the right agent for you will do what is right for you because it is right for you. It should not be about the money, it should be about the people. That is how I operate and how everyone in my office does as well.

I would be happy to speak with you at your convenience to see if I can help you in your search.

Take care and have a wonderful day!

Tisza Major-Posner, Realtor, IVPG (909) 837-8922
Web Reference: http://Route66living.com
Hi Paige:

Most agents don't charge the buyers, the commission that is paid to the agent is paid only when the purchase is completed and it is paid by the seller. The agent that you want to use is an agent who listens to your wants, needs and ability to purchase and provides you with information to help you with that purchase. It is an agent that you click with and one that is knowledgeable in understanding and explaining the contract and negotiating in your best interest. I work with buyers in Diamond Bar.

Let me know if I can help
Diana 909-945-5763
Hello Paige,

I used to lived, worked and purchased a home in that area and can refer you to a great buyer's agent. Let me know if you would like that referal.

Best of luck to you!