Home Buying in Orrington>Question Details

Mariannahega…, Home Buyer in Stockton Springs, ME

how to buy a house in maine when live in california?

Asked by Mariannahegarty, Stockton Springs, ME Wed Nov 16, 2011

Answers

7
A good realtor and a great inspector is what you need! Message me if you'd like to talk!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
I have been in your situation in reverse - living in Maine, buying a home in California! I am now a broker in Maine helping people who don't live in Maine find a home that suits their needs. I am happy to tell you my experience and what I found helpful as a buyer - but the most important thing is to find an agent that understands how to work with someone remotely and that you feel is going to represent your interests - not the seller.

if I can be of help, feel free to contact me.
Charlene
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 16, 2011
Hi Marianna,

You'll probably need at LEAST one trip out there to either find a house or get to know an agent who really understands your needs. Everything else can handled long distance including inspections, closing etc. Best up luck!
I moved to Bath, ME from San Diego, CA in 2000 - I was not working in real estate at the time so had a total consumer perspective. We had one day to find a house, and we did, and we are living happily ever after, but I think we were very lucky (and persistent!). I've since worked with many people who I've helped relocate to ME "from away" and it is always a very individual experience. I would suggest you speak with several agents who are located in the area you want to move to - go online and find a couple listings that appeal to you and call for more info. Do not email - call and get a feel for the person and how they will work with you. If the agent is responsive, ask about buyer representation and how that works. It really is about the agent listening to you, understanding what you want and how you prefer to communicate . . . and remember the time zone difference! I wish you the best - you will love Maine - it is the best place I've ever lived.
I work with out of state buyers on a regular basis so if you need help finding a home, give me a call. I work with buyers who want to be on or near the ocean.Thanks,Scott
I can't tell you, I can show you! E-mail me at ryanrich@masiello.com!!
Hi Marianna,
I work with buyers all over the world. I can set up a personal web page for you with all the current lisitngs meeting your criteria. You can mark your favorites and reject your rejects. You will also recieive automatic emails whenever there is something new. I can then go preview any properties you are interested in and take lots of photos for you. If you can't come to see the home yourself, we would line up a top notch home inspection for you.
Just send me an email with your "must haves" and I can send you a link to your web page today.
Diana Downs
ERA Dawson Bradford
417 Main St., Bangor, ME 04401
C - 207-735-6988 F - 207-941-9866
dianadowns@eradawson.com
http://DianaDowns.com
http://facebook.com/Diana.Downs.Maine.Real.Estate