Josua Hunt, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

how to buy a house?

Asked by Josua Hunt, Chicago, IL Wed Aug 21, 2013

Answers

15

I would be happy to help you buy a home in the Hollywood Hills.

Will you be taking out a loan or purchasing all cash? If you will be getting a loan, the first step is to get pre-approved by any bank/credit union/private mortgage broker. I would be happy recommend a few lenders to you if you need it.

Next, you can contact a local agent such as myself to help you find properties that you might be interested in and set up viewings.

Feel free to contact me directly at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.jamietian.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 21, 2013
Buying first home is both exciting and nerve-wracking. It is a major decision that takes planning and research, and careful budgeting. I just found one informative blog post http://blog.pallspera.com/2011/07/invest-in-value/. You can check this.
Super easy...
1. get pre-approved for an amount with a lender
2. Find a trustworthy agent *wink
3. Go home hunting

To make an offer you will need:
1. that pre-approval letter I mentioned up above
2. Bank statement showing you actually have the amount that you say you will put down as a down payment. Then cross your fingers and wait.
The end.
Jacqui.rum@gmail.com
Start by hiring an Exclusive Buyer's Agent. EBAs are consumer advocates for the homebuyer, and there is no additional cost to you for their services. Visit http://www.naeba.org for a referral to an Exclusive Buyer's Agent in your area.

Don't Let The Make a Monkey Out of You! Follow the link below.

Alysse Musgrave
Consumer Advocate
Exclusive Buyer's Broker
HelpUBuyAmerica.com
Josua, you will be well served to find yourself a great realtor and mortgage rep. If you do those two things, the rest will come into focus for you - I promise you that!

Hollywood Hills - I lived there myself early on - beautiful and as I recall -- very pricey, so lay off the signature coffee until you get through this ;-)

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Find home, give money, move in.
Make sure you examine your finances and work out your budget before you start house hunting.
First step is to talk to a Realtor!

Once you have spoken with a Realtor about what to do, you should talk to a lender (if you will be needing financing). Call them and schedule an appointment. During the call, make sure to ask them what you need to bring with you to the appointment.

Once you receive a pre approval letter from the lender you choose, it's time to start looking for your new home. Sit down with your Realtor and discuss your needs and wants (what area, bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.) Your Realtor can help you find the right home for you!

If you haven't spoken to a Realtor yet, give me a call! I work with some lenders that would be more than happy to talk to you about your new home.

Andrew Sparks
(310) 299-0343
ethicalbroker@gmail.com
It's great that you're looking to buy a house, especially in California. One of the first steps in buying a house would be getting pre-approved for a home loan. The reason why you should get pre-approved first is so you can get an accurate idea of how much you can afford. Once you know this, you can start looking for houses in your price range. Also, offers from buyers who are already pre-approved are taken more seriously than offers without a pre-approval.For a pre-approval a lender will review your credit files to see if you are able to qualify you for a loan. Here is a list of documents you may want to have ready when seeking a pre-approval:

- W2 forms from the past 2 years
- Pay stubs from the last 2 months
- Tax returns for the past 2 years
- Checking or savings bank statements for the past 3 months
- Statements for all your other assets like stocks, bonds, retirement accounts for the last two months
- Business tax returns if you are self-employed

These are just some basic things you'll need for the first steps in looking for a home. I'm a lender out of Southern California and I have done a lot of loans all over the state so I'm definitely willing to help you out. If you have any other questions or need a loan please contact me through the information on my profile page!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Hi Joshua,

Please contact me and I can go through my concise plan for helping buyers find their dream homes. If I can't help you, I am in a referral network and can refer you to an agent who can.
Well the first thing is to know whether or not you can afford one. You can do this by getting pre-approved for a purchase loan. If you are looking to do this, I can certainly help you out there.You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
You need a local expert realtor who can sit down with you and explain how the real estate transactions work, how the current market is, what his/her strategy to find the best possible home with the best possible price and terms. Also he/she "listen to" "you", what do you need and want. There are many details involved before starting to search properties and after signing a contract.
It's great to look at web sites like Trulia to get general information. But there are many steps involved. You need an expert. You need to know what is your price range, for example. You need an agent who will dedicate his/her time, energy, knowledge, experience for you. As exchange he/she needs the same from you. Please remember listing agents work for seller's best interest and try to sell the highest possible price, buyer's agents work for buyer's best interest and try to get the lowest possible price. Also remember, not committing an agent, jumping from 1 agent to another, in the end, you end up with no agent and no deal. We all have the same database which is called MLS. Interview agents, whoever you want, work with her/him.
good luck, I hope you find your dream home
That’s easy!
Talking to a mortgage lender is always step #1. The lender can help you figure out what price range you can comfortably afford and go over lending options with you. Go to your bank that you currently have accounts with and talk to their mortgage department. There are online sources as well. Once you talk to a lender you are ready to move on to Step #2, which is to find a Realtor that can help you with the process. If you get stuck on Step #1, move on to Step #2–Realtors always have good suggestions for lenders. Good Luck!
Joshua,

Please help us help you. Where would you like to buy the house?
Please feel free to contact me directly.
Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com