Home Buying in Centreville>Question Details

Serahkwok, Home Buyer in Centreville, Fremont,...

how safe and livable in meadow brook in fremont ca 94536?

Asked by Serahkwok, Centreville, Fremont, CA Sat Sep 11, 2010

Answers

4
Meadowbrook is a gated community with over 400 condo units. I'd say it's relatively safe because of the restricted access. That is not to say that there have been no incidents in this area, and I don't have numbers to support it either way. I'd say ask around - neighbors, especially. Drive in the area at different times of day and see how comfortable you are being there.

I hope this helps.
Jane Pacheco
510-791-7644
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 25, 2010
Your best option would be to call the local police department and see if they give the available information out.
If not, other things you can do are to speak to the neighbors, or even people that don't live there but are there often that can give you non-bias information such as the mail delivery people or local pizza delivery companies. I would also recommend driving through later in the evening for a better feel of the area.
I don't know that development specifically, but generally this is what I have seen in Fremont over the last five years. This ranking is not scientific and can vary by area within each of the five Fremont districts but from safest to least safest this is what I 'see'

Mission San Jose, Warm Springs, Ardenwood, Niles, North Fremont/Centerville.

Remember this is based on news reports, personal experience, and driving in the areas., not science. I probably have offended some folks, and will get vehement denials, but buying a house is a huge (and now especially 'risky' ) investment and you need to have all information (real estate agents can't tell you this conveniently, so they are not so useful in this instance) you can get before pulling the trigger.

Good luck. BTW Look at the police crime blotter in the local paper and that gives you a good idea. I am sure some enterprising person has aggregated this data somewher.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 12, 2010
If you are concerned about safety, your best source of information is the local police department, why not call/visit and ask all your questions--if you are not familiar with the area, do visit more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that is important to you, possibly chat with neighbors/locals, etc., and then make your own determination.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 11, 2010