Home Buying in Conshohocken>Question Details

Sd1234, Home Buyer in Conshohocken, PA

how popular is Conshohocken as a rental place? I am looking at buying a condo in that area and was wondering

Asked by Sd1234, Conshohocken, PA Tue Jul 14, 2009

whether it would be a right time to buy in that area. thanks

Answers

5
Conshohocken has a great rental market. You are near three trains to the city, great bars and restaurants and all major highways. People like Conshohocken because it's in the center of everything and easy to get anywhere.

Those same reason I listed above are why Conshohocken is a great place to buy. Homes are still selling very quickly in Coshohocken if they are priced right and look good.

I hope that helps!

Carly Ferrandino
Coldwell Banker Preferred
484-686-4303
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 21, 2009
It's very popular. If it's a well kept Condo. they usually sell fast and often have multiple offers.
People can walk to town for good food and such. It's near trains and so close to 76, 476, 202 and the PA Turnpike. It's like the best of all worlds. Good Luck.
Hi SD1234,

There arent many condos in Conshy to begin with, and even fewer condos to RENT since the big fire last year that displaced hundreds of renters so your rental unit would be a commodity in a time of few choices. Granted, the nicer it is (like a place at The Grande At Riverview as opposed to a run down row home) and the more reasonable the rent (why pay 2200/mo to rent when you can get a house for less a month mortgage with the rates as they are right now?), the faster it will rent. I've been in real estate/working in Conshi for 8-10 years now so if I can be of any help, it would be my pleasure :-) Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.dannidewoody.com
Hi Sd1234. Generally speaking Conshy has consistently been a "prime" location....close proximity to the City.....easy access through the Schuylkill Expressway....close to shopping and great restaurants, too!

As Renee stated below, rental properties can be if-y -- in any market! But there's no doubt about the fact that NOW is one of the BEST times to buy in decades!

If you haven't yet hired a Buyer's Agent to represent you, I'd love the opportunity to chat with you about your homebuying plans, time line and "wish list".....feel free to call me direct at (610) 324-5240.

I look forward to hearing from you........good luck and blessings to you!

Warmly,
Judy

Judy May, Esquire, REALTOR
"A Refreshingly Different Real Estate Experience"
http://www.JudysFineHomes.com
http://www.CollegevilleAreaHomes.com
Judy.May@Century21.com
CENTURY 21 Alliance
2828 Audubon Village Dr.
Audubon PA 19403
O: (610) 666-0202 x. 226
C: (610) 324-5240 (preferred)
F: (610) 666-1942
Sd1234

Hello. Well, In general, I would say that when looking to rent its always a gamble. You could find someone very quickly or it could take months and months to find a renter. You just have to make sure that you have enough saved up to pay the entire mortgage if you do not find a renter.

In my professional opinion, now is the absolute best time to buy because the market is going back to the way it should be. Prices are not inflated as they were for so many years.

I know the Conshohocken area but it will depend upon how much you are wanting to spend on a place. Obviously, there will be areas that are much more desirable than others but I will never tell someone that one area is better than another because I believe that is a matter of opinion. If you are looking for crime statistics, I would say to make a visit to the nearest police station and ask.

I would love to answer any other questions you may have so feel free to email me or contact me at (215) 669-0589.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX ACTION
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask for Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com