Home Buying in Westport>Question Details

Ted, Home Buyer in Essex, CT

how much would it cost a 700sqft room addition in westport ct?

Asked by Ted, Essex, CT Mon Mar 28, 2011

Answers

9
Around 200/sq. ft, give or take. Lot will depend on the quality of upgrades you want to put in.
No plumbing. $175square foot. Nice finish level.
Hi Ted:

I would contact an experienced contractor and get an estimate on the cost of the addition to your home.
If you would like a list of experienced contractors please send me an email to betty.stroll@raveis.com or call me at 203-682-4327
That is going to depend on whether you are including a foundation, whether the room is one that needs plumbing and other variables. You should be considering anywhere form $200 to $225 oer square foot.

Before considering the addition do check with your local building's department regarding any possible permits, see link-- http://www.westportct.gov/index.aspx?page=55 thereafter, for an accurate picture of costs, do contact a few local licensed contractors and ask for free estimates, then go from there.
That depends on so many variables...biggest is would you need to blast rock? drain water? (if you are allowed to cover property where there is water by town of Westport)....the house structure itself needs to be considered....you will need permits....
you need to speak with several reputable contractors.......possibly anywhere between $200/ft2 and up....I think this questions is best sent to builders/renovators....
As a real estate agent I am not qualified to give you an accurate answer.
Confer your questions to general contractor NO one can render an opinion unless the entire area is reviewed including building structure, quality of product you want, raising the roof, foundation, city permits and etc.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
On average $250 per square foot - starting with my colleague's estimate of low SF estimate of $150/SF to well over $600/SF for luxury finishes.
THAT is a loaded question because there are so many variables...
Let me give you a range of possibility.
First you must file an application and get a permit for your project to ensure you are not later in a precarious position and perhaps forced to undo what you started. That being said, from the lowest, being and addition on top of a pre-existing foundation, like over a garage, with no bells and whistles (no plumbing, complicated ectrical and minimal inexpensive windows, you can start at $150 a square foot (@$13K with just the basics for a thrifty box)...now go the detailed and more structurally complex and begin by doubling this, so if you need to dig & pour foundation, want plumbing, nicer windows, internal walls/doors, hardware fixtures...20 - 50K depending on the scope of your project, if you are doing wood shingled roof, copper gutters, french drains, Pella windows, Stickly cabinetry...well, sky's the limit!
Now if this is an add-on element, today's modular pre-fab options may surprise you both in high quality and levels of finishing and they start around $90 a foot!