Home Buying in Henderson>Question Details

mralexkent12, Home Buyer in Henderson, NV

how much should I offer for a hud home?

Asked by mralexkent12, Henderson, NV Sun Mar 31, 2013

how much should I offer for a hud home

Answers

4
It depends how many offers the home has received. All HUD homes are sold online. You have to have a realtor place your bid in the system. Your bid can be frequently placed.
HUD homes are usually listed at what their market value is and sell fo rthat amount, you should hire a buyer broker who is well experienced with HUD homes and REO to assist you with making an offer.
HUD homes are generally priced at appraisal and most of the good one's sell by 2nd weekend at or above asking price. I think best to come in slightly above asking price provided your agent did a buyer CMA for you in that development.

good luck!
Your local Realtor should be able to give you the best advice on this answer. They will do a market analysis of all homes under agreement and sold in the area you wish to purchase the hud home in. Once the analysis is complete, they will suggest the best price to offer.