Home Buying in Sayville>Question Details

Kendelaney30, Home Buyer in Sayville, NY

how much of your net monthly pay should go toward your mortgage,taxes,insurance?

Asked by Kendelaney30, Sayville, NY Thu Jan 17, 2013

I net about 7,000 monthly,

To meet a bank's guideline, a mortgage payment can range from 31 to about 44% of your monthly gross income. But you should always do your own math and see what you feel comfortable with. You're more aware of your monthly expenses than a loan officer. See what they can approve you for and you make sure it fits your monthly budget.

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
Sterling National Bank
There are other factors involved in order to answer such a question accordingly, such as debt, non debt spending habits and anticipated, etc.; therefore for a personalized answer visit with any licensed loan officer; be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Ken, I will defer to the experts. Give Brian Tom of Cliffco Mortgage Bankers a call or email for a professional answer:

Brian will be able to provide accurate information for all of your questions.

When you are ready to househunt, Gladstone Group will be at your service.

Ideally 25% or less of your net income in my opinion. Lenders will give conventional mortgage loans on 28% of your gross income.