Home Buying in 04074>Question Details

Jonorato1, Home Buyer in 04074

how much money do you have to have down on investment property if you are going to live in it?

Asked by Jonorato1, 04074 Mon Jun 8, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Jonorato1:

As stated below, as an owner occupant if you qualify for an FHA loan, 3.5% down is all that is required. If the property is in a rural area, it may qualify for 100% financing with Rural Development financing.

Feel free to contact me to assist you. I work in the Scarborough/Saco area and I am also an Accredited Buyer Representative.

My contact info is: CJ Dubois-Cote, Prudential Prime Properties, 445 Main Street, Saco 207-615-1663 or cindy@prubay.com - I look forward to hearing from you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 8, 2009
Hi, it looks like your question has some conflicting information. If you are going to be living in the property, this would not be deemed investment, but rather an owner occupied property. Downpayments can be as little as 3 1/2% via a FHA loan. Please advise if I am not properly understanding your question, Thanks,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 8, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer