Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

eduardoa.meza, Home Owner in 33133

how much is the lien payoff amount for unsafe structures in miami?

Asked by eduardoa.meza, 33133 Fri Dec 7, 2012

Answers

4
Dear Mr. Meza,

This is the perfect reason why you should have consulted a realtor prior to purchasing the property.

Based on your statements you did not conduct an inspection or property lien, violation, open or expired permit search. This is all amongst the responsibilities of a buyer's agent. Many people out there may be of the opinion that realtors make lots of money and they don't do much for their commission, but this perfect example is why one should always contract the services of a professional realtor and attorney. Because the consequences are very costly.

Before you do anything, it is of my suggestion that you first perform an inspection by a great company; then based on the outcome, speak with an attorney to explore your options.

Best of luck and any additional info, please phone me at (305) 608-5209 iris I. Romero
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
http://www.miamidade.gov/building/regulation.asp this is the link to the Miami-Dade County Bldg Dept violations search page. Assuming your property is located in Unincorporated Miami-Dade County this is where you'll find what you're looking for and if not you"ll have to go to the City Hall of the Municipality where your home is located and their Bldg Dept. "Unsafe Structure" cases are a challenge and your best consulting with the Bdlg Dept and a very competent (PE) Propfessional Engineer familiar with the processes and some licensed & insured GCs (General Contractors) or Architects can be very helpful too. You will most probably need one or the other or all and contact the Bldg Dept. they can be quite helpful, sometimes. Being a very experienced and highly successful Real Estate Broker for over 30 yrs in Miami and a multi-lender approved REO & Short Sale Agent, if you wish to call me I can help and direct you. So look forward to helping you, Steve E 305-546-5132 email stevecepstein@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Thanks for your prompt response. Hopefully I can provide clarification as I really need to learn more about this case s and the possible financial implications:

It is a Single family house, partially attached (1 party wall).

We brought the property as Foreclosure. We did some "Minor - Cosmetic" (Non structural) remodeling for which we requested; paid and clear all the permits required with successful inspections.

I learned recently that the house had a case for unsafe structure prior to us acquire the property.
At this point I have not received any formal documentation from the city and do not have details of the case yet. For now I can only assume the property was classified "unsafe" for being Vacant, unguarded and maybe open at doors or windows (they were closed but not sealed w/ wood or something similar).

I really appreciate the help and direction you can provide us.

Very Best!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
And, we know what property you are talking about?
And, we know what LIEN you are talking about?
And, we know how "unsafe structures" matters here?

And, we are supposed to answer you?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012

Very Best!
Flag Fri Dec 7, 2012