Billisjack, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

how much do you pay for garbage/sewer each year?

Asked by Billisjack, Sacramento, CA Tue Dec 17, 2013

Answers

5
Every situation/location is variable and unique.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
You can call the utility for the specific home that you are interested in and they can disclose what the previous owner was paying.

It does depend on how many garbage cans you have at your home.
I own four small sfr in Sacramento, the water sewer garbage bills average $134 per month / $1600 per year per house. The highest bill was $150, the lowest: $120. Someone with a large family in the house and / or a very large yard might pay more.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
The average is about $100-120/month for water, garbage, and sewer depending on where you live, whether you are on a meter, and your usage.
It really depends on where you live. For example, is the property located in an area with a water meter, a well or city/county water without a meter?
Since you are asking for prices on sewer/garbage I'll assume your water is metered and you are aware of it.
I manage houses around Elk Grove and Sac and the average is about $60-$65 per month for a single family home.
Flag Tue Dec 17, 2013
To give you a general idea in Sacramento County for a house, expect to pay approximately $50/mos in sewer, $20/mos for garbage collection, and $50/mos for water (depending on your consumption and if you are on a well or a meter). Hope that helps but let me know if you have any other questions.
Flag Tue Dec 17, 2013