Mktgbling, Home Buyer in 33618

how much can you negotiate on inventory homes?

Asked by Mktgbling, 33618 Wed Jun 6, 2012

Im moving to Tampa and we are interested in purchasing an inventory home by a builder that will be completed at the end of the month. The home is listed at $419,900 which the original price is $445,015. The builder is giving away $28,000 of upgrades right now which is where the price reduction comes from. We would love to get the house close to $400,000. Is this reasonable or asking way to much?

Answers

4
There are plenty of ways to negotiate the price down, did you have any luck with this? Would you like assistance?
Having worked for new home builders for many years, I can tell you that every builder is different. You have to know what questions to ask and be creative in your negotiating. If you haven't yet purchased, give me a call and I can walk you through it.

Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Innovation and Experience
(813) 766-1501
Fax (813) 443-0118
zzmarg@gmail.com
http://www.LightningRealtyFL.com
STOP!!! Don't go any further!

There could be as much as $16,000 in real estate commission on that purchase and up to $12,000 can be credited back to you for simply using one of of the Real Estate Agents I work with in Tampa!

Don't be like so many who Forefeit this equity like it's Monopoly Money!

You are going to give someone up to a $16,000 payday for simply writing a contract and doing a hand off to the builder!

click here and educate yourself in adavance!

http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/05/why_why_would_a_…
Hi Steve, while this is interesting information to have, please try to answer the original question in your responses so as to avoid future flagging by other Voices users. Thanks, Andrew, Community Manager, Trulia Voices.
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012
It sounds reasonable, but your agent should pull comps for you and negotiate with the builder directly. I would be happy to look into it further for you if you are not already working with a broker/agent. Best of luck to you, Danny