keith12543, Home Owner in 12549

how long is bank of america orange county ny foreclosure current court backlog?

Asked by keith12543, 12549 Sat Nov 10, 2012

Answers

4
You should contact the lender. They could better answer the question. Foreclosure in general, can be a lengthy process.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
http://cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
http://devontesellsny.wordpress.com/
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Unfortunately only that lender can accurately answer the question...if you are facing foreclosure consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate, see what options you may have--is a short sale a possibility; if you cannot afford an attorney contact your local Legal Aid Society for a pro bono attorney, free; or most professionals do offer a free consultation....
It's my understanding that the court has the logjam, not the lender.
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012
The bigger question is, why aren't you listing your house for sale with a realtor as a short sale? Foreclosure is NOT the answer! You may qualify for HAFA, the government program, that would allow you to stay in the house until it is sold and walk away free and clear without a foreclosure on your record. PLEASE do yourself a favor and call a realtor who specializes in short sales TODAY!
BTW, we received legal notice from the court yesterday, and now have 20 days to respond... I'm thinking this is how BofA does business, giving notice when there is a three day weekend! But I am a cynic and do not trust banks at all.

Oh well...
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012
Yet let me not continue this diatribe with denigration of BofA, it is not their fault we are in this situation.

If there was a reasonable way to still keep this home, I would, and she would also. Let me discuss the HAFA situation with her. She has been dealing with the process while I was living in Florida. You may have offered a beneficial outcome nonetheless.

Thank you for your advice!
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012
Doesn't a short sale still incur the debt of the mortgage? We have had a 'renegotiation' of the mortgage which only wound up increasing the monthly payment by over $400 and this was by BofA, who purchased the loan from Countrywide. Every attempt to deal with BofA was met with increased confusion and delay, having to literally deal with a new representative monthly, as they seemed to be downsizing and lost in space.

My wife lost her job, and went on SSI retirement, and I was seriously disabled a couple of years ago, after we bought this home. Since then we have been divorced, and now the home is a 'burden' that we neither can afford to maintain, and BofA has repeatedly obstructed any progress with repeated requests of more paperwork, losing the paperwork sent in, and then running two clocks on this matter. Last year, on the same day we received the renegotiation paperwork, we also received a foreclosure notice. Typical BofA practice I've been told by other happy BofA victims...
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012
And exactly how would any of us know the answer to that?
Do you think one of us secretly works in that department in BofA?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
well, thats just the kind of answer i would expect from someone out in la-la land...

thank you for your kind response... but the question was directed to anyone with any knowledge pertaining to new york issues, or more accurately to anyone with any knowledge...
Flag Sat Nov 10, 2012