Home Buying in Rocky Mount>Question Details

Iesha, Renter in Rocky Mount, NC

how long do i need to work before i can buy a house?

Asked by Iesha, Rocky Mount, NC Mon Aug 2, 2010

Answers

3
Lesha,

The answer to this question will vary depending on your employment situation. In cases where you are salaried, you may not need a long work history. Generally speaking, if you are self-employed, it would require a two-year history (documented by your tax returns) so that the lender could make a determination on the average income.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
Lesha,

I see that Mr. Taylor has answered your question, please feel free to contact me if I can assist in showing you any homes in Rocky Mount area.
This depends on what you were doing prior to gaining employment.

If you have been a housewife for years and were forced into working as a result of divorce or similar situation that is something that is workable.

If you were in school prior to accepting your new position that is also workable.

Bottom line is, you will need to have a reason as to why you were not working before in order to make your loan work. In addition you will may need as much as 6 months on the job regardless of your reasoning except for education which you will only need 30 days.

I hope this helps. If you want some additional information please feel free to call me.