Home Buying in Sacramento>Question Details

teresaroumon…, Other/Just Looking in Milwaukee, WI

how is the rental market for single family homes in sacramento?

Asked by teresaroumonada, Milwaukee, WI Tue Jan 15, 2013

I have two things need your help. Please see the following

1. How is the rental market for single family homes in Elk Grove? I have a property and my tenant going to move out in June and i want to know what is the rental market and what is the right market price for 4beds 2 bath 1,850 sq ft with the lot of 6100 SQ ft.

2. I am considering hiring an agent to handle my rental. If you interest please send me your information. I need someone to help to find the qualified and long term tenant. The existing tenant that I had was living there for 10 years and recently they become a home owner.

Please reply and contact me.

I am looking forward to hear from you....
It definitely depends where in Sacramento and this is my specialty as I myself own multiple rentals units along with my numerous clients. Let me know if you'd like more specific information.

Thanks, Brian
where would be a good place to buy an investment property near or in sacramento area?
Flag Tue Jan 14, 2014
..oops! Sorry. ..."multiple offers on properties that are NOT damaged".
How's it in Old Milwaukee!? I was raised there, and not missing the cold--tho' we are pretty chilly here right now!
You've some good answers here. I would add that most homes are renting for $1 per sq ft, as a rule of thumb, some do go for less, in less desirable areas, and some for slightly more. There are still plenty homes that can earn you 10% of purchase price on annual rents, but the number is shrinking, and soon 8% is going to be more common. In purchase dollars that equals still a number of homes purchasable in decent rental areas for $130-$150,000.

Cash is king. If you can make a cash offer, you will stand a better chance of having your offer accepted. There are multiple offers on every property that is damaged property.

Hope this info helps. Please contact me for any further questions you may have.

Are you asking about the market as a prospective tenant or investor/landlord?
From either perspective it is driven locally, so it would depend on
where and what you are interested in.
Welcome to Sacramento. The market is tight all over.
Depending where and what your needs are, yes, you can likely find a rental. Tenants usually pay about a $1 per sq ft +/- depending on the area and what the property has.
If you can one, most rentals the owner will pay water, sewer, trash, and sometimes lawn.
If you can buy something, I would soon. We have no inventory on homes, and prices are rising with multiple offers on property.
If you have any questions about rentals or purchasing, I would be happy to answer more questions, since I am an agent and property manager.
Nancy Bergman

Realtor - Lyon Short Sale Certified
Property Manager
DRE # 01893550
Lyon RE Downtown
2801 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
Rental market is Sacramento is pretty strong.
But again, it depends on location.
You might want to check craigslist.org to see what's available and how much.
You can contact me for further questions.

Vischa Savitri

It depends on what you are looking for as far as bed/bath, schools, amenities, etc. Those factors, when you get down to what you want, can determine where you want to rent and will also determine the rent price.

To give you an idea of what your options are, below is a link directed to housing (apartments and houses) in the Sacramento area from Craig's list. I recommend it often.

Hope this helps.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
"The Short Sale Lady"
Century 21 Landmark Network
(916) 370-1803 cell/direct
(916) 405-3886 fax
lic#: 01439130