Home Buying in Lubbock>Question Details

Frnkski46, Home Buyer in Lubbock, TX

how is the all around weather?

Asked by Frnkski46, Lubbock, TX Fri Apr 29, 2011

Answers

7
During the course of a 24 hour period, it can snow, rain mud, the sand can blow, there can be a 80 degree temperature variation and apparently, for the past six months, it can do everything but rain! The weather is never boring.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 29, 2011
At first I though this question was a joke. Maybe it is. But.. if you are serious...

Here is the historical weather for Lubbock

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=076227&…
I have been in Lubbock most of my life and to tell you the truth, it's no different than anywhere else. We have good days as well as wind and dust. You just have to weight the pros and cons of living in West Texas. The community, neighborhoods, schools and people in Lubbock and the surrounding areas make the unpredictable weather worth the trouble. The summers are usually wonderful, this city is busy and relaxed at the same time. It's a great place to arise a family. It's got nightlife, and family activities all in one. The days are always new and the weather is often unpredictable, but thats the fun of it.
I moved here from the Atlanta area in 1998 and did not think I would like the weather here. Overall I have been pleasantly surprised, though we have our bad days. The good is we generally have mostly mild temps in the winter and summers have pleasant evenings and mornings. With the dry climate it cools down nicely in the evenings in summer. I do bicycling and find quite a few days over 50 degrees and occasionally 70's in the winter and can bike mornings and evenings in the summer. The bad is we can see big temperature swings. I have seen several times in the winter where the forecast is in the 70's for the high but a chance of snow after midnight. The other bad is the dust. Most of our days are sunny with blue skies, but there are days like today that you do not want to be outside. The wind is blowing 30 mph and there is lots of dust in the air. This spring has been unusually windy and dusty. But overall there are more nice days here than most places I have lived: Kansas, Louisiana and Georgia.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Where are you moving from?

Randy
randymulsow@remaxlubbock.com
Web Reference: http://randymulsow.com
After living in Lubbock almost all my life, I'm still amazed at our weather. You will see sunrises and sunsets that rival Hawaii's, then you will see the sky turn brown with dust and maybe a little later that same day we will have a thunderstorm. Every day it can be a new adventure, but never boring. Really for the most part you will love the beautiful mornings, daytime and evenings that we have in our area.
Aleene Embry
RE/MAX Lubbock
806-790-7001
Well Frank, if you are asking about the weather, it is one of the few days we have seen the sun in Missouri. Now if you are asking about the climate of the housing market, I cannot answer that question regarding the Lubbock, Texas market. One of your local Realtors will have to answer that question.
However, in Missouri we are seeing an improving market, but it is still a very strong buyers market. You can gain some information from the National Association of Realtors web site. Also, use the Trulia site if you haven't already and see what is happening in Lubbock, TX. You can also find local Realtors for your area on Trulia.
Here's to the old saying "Red Sky at Night, Sailors delight....Red Sky of a Morning, Sailors Warning! Let's hope for a red sky this evening for both the weather as well as real estate climate.
Lubbock has great summer evenings and mild Texas warmth. We do see the extremes with the high and lows occasionally (especially when the wind blows), but all in all is agreeable for West Texas.

Leigh Archer
Coldwell Banker Real Estate