Home Buying in Stony Point>Question Details

Tom, Home Buyer in Westchester County, NY

how is stony point? I am currently look at a new home construction in Garnerville, NY.

Asked by Tom, Westchester County, NY Wed Oct 5, 2011

specifically at Terpak Court. How is Garnerville? I have never heard of it. Is there anything I should know about the area?

Answers

8
I agree with the views expressed by some of my fellow realtors. The taxes are little low in Garnerville but if we consider the developmental advantages in Stony Point like travel to the Parkway, shopping centers, development of neighbor-hoods, potential for development in the area, more and more new construction coming up. The availablity of all types of houses adds to the advantages.

I am living in Stony Point from 2007. I found it very convenient and conducive. The only negative point in Stony Point is that it does not have Parks and recreation. We have to depend on Haverstraw. But for other things it is very good. If you are looking for a home in Stony Point or Haverstraw please contact me

AMARJIT (AJ) BIRK
Real Estate Salesperson
Better Homes & Gardens Rand Realty
50 South Liberty Drive
Stony Point, NY 10980
845-429-1500 Office
845-213-5834 Cell
845-947-1513 Fax
aj.birk@gmail.com
http://www.ajbirk.randrealty.com
Hi Tom,

I know this answer is late, but I just became an active realtor in the Trulia community.

Have you moved from Westchester to Rockland County by now?

I love it here and have lived here since 1972.

There are many great areas to choose from, including Stony Point and Garnerville.

Please call me at 914-588-2365 if you have real estate needs in Rockland County, Orange County, NY or New Jersey, since I am licensed in both areas.

Take care,
Ellen
Ellen Kippel
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson NY and NJ
Weichert Realtors
Mutli-Million Dollar Producer
Email: eskippel@aol.com
Website : http://www.dreamhomesrocklandandorangeny.com
Website: http://www.ellensellsrealestate.com
Hello Tom, Blue collar area. Truthfully this area used to have the lowest taxes in the County. Power plant left the area several years ago and greatly impacted the tax structure there. Need any additional information about listings or other homes check me out. And of course best of luck!!

Allan Erps, ABR,SFR,C.O.R.E.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
BHG Rand Realty
95 S Middletown Rd
Nanuet, NY 10954
VM(24 Hours) 845-624-8100 X141
Cell Phone/Text 845-304-3040
Fax# 845-624-7137
My Email: allan.erps@randrealty.com
For the latest in Buyers and Sellers Resources,
visit my website at; http://www.allanerps.randrealty.com
Stony Point was settled in colonial times. The lot sizes are usually bigger then Garnerville (which is a more recent hamlet). They are both in the same school district but have different elementary schools.
Both areas are lovely to live in. No one has ever complained to me about either area.
Send me your email address and I'll get those properties out to you asap!!
Loretta
Garnerville and Stony Point are very similar. They are small towns in Rockland County with hard working people who live in them. If, you're not quite sure if you want to move there and you're not working with another agent already, give me a call and I can make some other apointments for you and show you around both Stony Point and Garnerville and any other place you'd like to look at.

Loretta Fay
well i see that home values abd taxes are more in Stony than in Garnervile. I like Garnerville because they have new construction home develpments. Anything like that in Stony?
Hello Tom,
Stony Point is very nice. We have beautiful homes in Stony Point as well. I live in Stony Point myself for more than 25 years. You can always call or email @ 845 558-1637 cell / loretta.fay@randrealty.com

Loretta Fay
BHG Rand Realty