ronniewayne3…, Home Buyer in Evergreen, CO

how is rental market in this are for single family home & why are prop taxes so high on one home & low on another in tarpon spring's?

Asked by ronniewayne318, Evergreen, CO Sat Jan 12, 2013

Answers

1
Ronnie,

I only work in sales but have a property management team I refer my investor customers to when they are renting out properties. They also help us when we have narrowed it down to a few properties, as to which they think will rent the best. Single family homes 3/2/2 or 4/2/2 are the most in demand. A ball park estimate would be .85 to 1.00 per sq. ft., if it has a pool and depending on updates and amenities.

As for taxes two things are affecting the differences. The first is the assessed value of the property. Not all homes or neighborhoods are priced the same. Like cars....why is a Lexus more than a Taurus?

The other factor is "Homestead". In Florida you can "homestead" your primary living residence. You must live here more than 6 months a year. To "homestead" you must be living in the home Jan. 1st of the current year and register by Feb. 28th. Once you have filed you have two tax advantages. The first is a $50,000 credit against the assessed value which can save you between $700-800 per year. The second, is there is a cap of 3% or the cost of living, whichever is less, on how much the assessed value can go up. This cap stays until the home is sold and re-assessed. This is the reason why some houses next to each other can have a big difference in taxes, if one has been homesteaded for several years.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155