Freund, Home Buyer in Rotenburg

how is dover as real estate location?

Asked by Freund, Rotenburg Thu Jul 24, 2008

in respect to buying a 3 bedroom town-home.

Answers

6
Hi Freund,
As noted by my colleagues, Dover has few 3 Bedroom townhouses. I have a great 2 Bedroom located just over the town line in Randolph listed for a very low $278,000, but this time of year the market is very slow.
I suggest riding around the town to familiarize yourself with the towns layout and demographics a bit.
Prices in general are lower than the sorrounding towns.
Give me a call if you would like to me to send you what is currently available in Dover and environs
Best of luck,
Murph Plishtin
Not many 3bdrm Townhouses available, but many 3 bedroom homes available were you can avoid the Monthly association fee.
Dover, outside of Morristown, is the HUB of Morris County. We have the downtown full of great restaurants and entertainment. The train station which offers the Mid-Town Direct to NY. All kinds of public transportation, and minutes from all major highways like 46, 10 and route 80.
Before we get the usual solicitations from all the agents: This was a 2008 posting.

For others who happen to stumble in to this thread and are interested in the question:

The main problem remains that there are no 3 bedroom townhomes in Dover. Occasionally an older half-duplex with 3 bedrooms comes on the market, but for the most part you will not find a 3BR townhome in Dover.

You might try some of the other surrounding towns like Rockaway, Denville, Roxbury, Lincoln Park, etc.
Keep in mind that you will likely be spending $300,000 to $600,000 for a nice 3 BR townhome in Morris County.

If anyone needs help or more in depth information on townhomes in Morris County, contact me privately.

-Marc

Marc Paolella
Relocation Director/Appraiser
Century 21 Joe Tekula Realtors
Phone (direct): (973) 584-4235
Coolest map-based home search: http://www.marcpaolella.com
Dover is undervalued. It is pocketed between major road arteries (10, 46, 15); on top of train and bus transport to NYC, a major shopping mall, theater complex, upmarket hotels including Hilton hotel and suites, beautiful churches, good hospital, weekend street market, antique shops and increasing awareness of historical significance. A broad cultural mix of very friendly people. Short term benefits include a great choice of very affordable housing from townhomes to historical Victorians, low taxes, easy town to live in if you don't have a vehicle or want to cut down on vehicle costs. Long term benefits include location, location. Great value for money.
Hi Freund
Dover can have great value for the money, and good convenience to highways and shopping. If you have not yet been to the area, I would recommend taking a drive around and target some likely areas. At the Jackie Scura Team, we would be glad to email you some prospective properties in this town and other great towns in the area. Do you have children in school? This is an important consideration for convenience and school system. You can do alot of your research online, and then call a qualified Realtor for more information and advice.
Thank you
Jackie Scura
Hi Freund,

Dover does not have many 3 BR townhomes, but you can get a 2BR for $230,000-$300,000 depending on condition, size and features. If you want a printout of all available townhomes in Dover, contact me and I'll e-mail it. Good luck!

-Marc
Web Reference: http://www.marcpaolella.com