Home Buying in Apex>Question Details

bellatrix365, Home Buyer in Apex, NC

how good is the meritage homes in Sunset POinte, Holly Springs, NC ?

Asked by bellatrix365, Apex, NC Sat Aug 25, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Apex

Answers

5
Tammi Knapp’s answer
I have been in the Meritage homes in Holly Springs and they are beautifully built and have many great details like cabinet built ins, granite island with seating in the kitchen, and trey ceilings. Really, these homes are nice and a great value.

Tammi
They look good from far but are FAR FROM GOOD... STAY AWAY from Meritage Homes. They underpay there subs and you (Buyer) get POOR quality. You will not get what you see. STAY AWAY!
Flag Mon Jan 13, 2014
Flag Mon Jan 13, 2014
They look good from far but are FAR FROM GOOD... STAY AWAY from Meritage Homes. They underpay there subs and you (Buyer) get POOR quality. You will not get what you see. STAY AWAY! Don't be fooled by low price per square foot, NOT WORTH IT...
Can you give specific examples, please?
Flag Tue May 6, 2014
They are the only national home builder that is offering spray foam as a standard. The attics are semi-conditioned, sealed crawls, average HERS score is 60 compared to other builders that are at the standard 85 for energy efficiency. The are the only builder around offering solar panels. For all of this you can't beat the price per sqft. When a 4200 sqft house has a August utility bill that is around $120- how can you beat that
Flag Mon Jan 13, 2014
I think the features they include in their homes at no additional cost it tips the scale for me compared to other builders in the area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
I have not seen the Meritage homes in Sunset Pioint, but have seen them at Weston Downs in Durham/Chapel Hill.Meritage is a relatively new builder to our area but I was very impressed with what they were building in Weston Downs and felt that they were offering good value for the money.