Home Buying in Oconomowoc>Question Details

Carol Schroe…, Real Estate Pro in Delafield, WI

how does a short sale work?

Asked by Carol Schroeder, Delafield, WI Wed Aug 8, 2012

I looked into your profile and see that you are an agent. I would still be happy to talk with you about short sales if you need my help. Contact me through my profile.
Looks like you're an agent? Short sales are pretty complicated.Maybe you should ask your managing broker.
Morning Carol,

Short sales can go smoothly or they can be a problem. Much depends on the bank or banks that hold the mortgage. If it has more than one loan, and many of them do, then we need to get approval from all banks for the short sale. I can tell you exactly how this works, but there is too much to write here on Trulia. The main thing you need to do is work with an agent who is familiar with short sales so that they can follow up with the listing agent who also, hopefully, is familiar with short sales. If you would like to talk about this in detail, please contact me and I would be happy to help.
We have successfully completed over 100 short sales and taken training in 3 states...there is no short answer and circumstances vary greatly. We are happy to discuss any questions you might have in email or by phone.
Flag Thu Jun 6, 2013