Home Buying in Parlin>Question Details

nylo_lesley, Home Buyer in Parlin, NJ

how do you go about getting grants for first time home buyers?

Asked by nylo_lesley, Parlin, NJ Fri Apr 12, 2013

Answers

4
i have assisted many buyers with all grants, call me anytime to get the info...732-670-6565
Hi nylo-lesley,

There are definitely grants available for first time home buyers who plan to occupy the home as a principal residence. I would recommend you contact a Mortgage Specialist for details about which grants are available and which you would qualify for.

As for your home purchase I am a Real Estate Agent who services the Parlin and would be happy to help you with your real estate needs. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Ron Sheedy
Coldwell Banker - Robert Michael Realty
(732) 239-7452 Cell
rdsheed@comcast.net
Hi nylo_lesley,

There are a few different programs and benefits available for first time buyers. I see that you posted this in home buying in Parlin, if you are considering purchasing in Middlesex County and have lived in Middlesex County for at least 1 year, you may want to consider the American Dream Downpayment Program (http://www.co.middlesex.nj.us/housing/americandream.asp). If you qualify for that, it offers down payment assistance for first time home buyers (primary residence). Monmouth County has a similar program (also has a residency requirement like the Middlesex program). I specialize in helping first time home buyers in Central Jersey. If you have any additional questions about buying your first home, I'm happy to help. Most of the grants available have specific eligibility requirements so I would need more info to know exactly which ones you may be eligible for.

You can call/text on my cell 732-580-4712 or email me at JayJGarrett@gmail.com anytime.

Jay Garrett
Sales Associate
RE/MAX Champions
Direct: 1.732.580.4712 | Office: 1.732.441.3400 | Fax: 1.732.441.3621
Email: jayjgarrett@gmail.com
Well the grants that are available for first time homebuyers, are for those who are purchasing a primary residence. If you're looking to purchase an investment property, no grants are available for you, even if you are a first time homebuyer.

If you are purchasing your own home and you'll be living in, what you can also do is buy a 1-4 family house where you can occupy one of the units and rent the others. Please feel free to contact me and I can send you the grants that are available to you, which by the way, can vary by the townships or counties you're looking to buy in.

I also want to advise that you should meet with a Loan Officer who is experienced with some of the grants out there. I'm always available to meet in one of our Queens offices to pre-approve you and discuss your options. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648