Home Buying in Scranton>Question Details

rgr52259, Home Buyer in Scranton, PA

how do you get a probate investigation?

Asked by rgr52259, Scranton, PA Tue Mar 5, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


You can view files associated with the probate of a will at the Register of WIlls office. Or, go to LackawannaCounty.Org and go to the Register of Wills office and look at the files on line.

If you are having a problem with a probate issue, the best thing is to consult an attorney the specializes in this area.

You can call the local Bar association and they can give you a few names.

Good Luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 6, 2013
Unfortunately, if you went through anything like I went through, a local attorney will not be much help. No working attorney wants to question the entire court system in a county, because that is where they make their 'bread and butter.' My mother -- who had millions $$ in assets, died in debt(!) -- and I got saddled with her final expenses (the only asset that was left in her will that "stuck") was the property devised to me. Lackawanna County is big time corrupt!
Flag Sun Jul 7, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer