Cindy, Home Buyer in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

how do you find foreclosure listings? every place i go there is a fee to get a list?for akron, ohio

Asked by Cindy, Cuyahoga Falls, OH Thu May 22, 2008

area.
thanks

Answers

6
You may also find tax sale properties on your county's Web site. Bank, HUD and VA foreclosures can be found on various Web sites at no fee. Now, your question begs another. If you have to ask as basic a question as this, why would you not use the services of a buyer's agent? It will likely not cost you any more than posting on this forum, and will save you time, spare you significant frustration and keep you from making a costly mistake in addition to the money you may save.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 22, 2008
The best place for you to go is to a trusted Realtor. If you find a real estate company in your area that handles numerous bank owned properties, choose a Realtor from that company. They will be more familiar with the process and can advise you on what to expect. Foreclosed homes in your area can also usually be found at your county sheriff's website. You may also find a list of these in your local paper. These are the ones that the public can bid on at an auction usually held once a week. You will be competing with others and also the bank who may buy the property if they feel the bidding price is not high enough for them to make a profit. Another free place to search for foreclosed homes if on the HUD website.These are homes foreclosed on by FHA loans. Enjoy your search!
Web Reference: http://www.nhmsi.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 22, 2008
If you do ask an agent for help then you should pay for their time if they dont get a commision. It is only fair.
BECAUSE THE ONE I HAVE, I SEEM TO BE DOING ALL THE WORK. I AM FINDING ALL THE PROPERTIES. AND SHE WILL ONLY SHOW THEM TO ME ONCE A MONTH, AND ONE AREA AT A TIME, SO I HAVE ALREADY LOST SOME GOOD ONES. AND SHERIFF SALES ARE OUT, BECAUSE NO COMMISSION. I FOUND THE LISTINGS FOR SHERIFF SALES, BUT YOU HAVE NO WAY TO LOOK AT THE PROPERTY FIRST, AND THAT IS TOO RISKY FOR ME. AND EVERY FORECLOSURE SITE ON THE INTERNET COSTS MONEY. AND THEY ARE NOT IN THE NEWSPAPER.
THANKS
Hello again! I find short sales, REO's and foreclosure homes for my clients all the time. A realtor is your best and cheapest (free) way to go. Never pay for this service, they just find them on public records and charge you for their time.
Web Reference: http://www.liveinakron.com
You can get foreclosure listings by going to your local courthouse. Notices of default will be filed there and are public record.

In most jurisdictions, such notices also must be advertised to the public. Here in the Washington area, for instance, the notices appear every day in the classified ad section of The Washington Post. There's probably a similar process where you live.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA