Home Buying in Tacoma>Question Details

esdtsa, Home Seller in Tacoma, WA

how do i start the process to sell our house to our son?

Asked by esdtsa, Tacoma, WA Wed Sep 26, 2012

For that I would consult a real estate attorney. Not only do you want to make sure that the property is properly conveyed, but if there is seller financing involved (he's paying you over time), you want to make sure that transaction is properly documented and recorded. Also, there may be other considerations to take into account before finalizing such a decision, such as maybe tax considerations.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2012
Please call a Washington professional realtor.
Hello, If he going to finance it.. first thing is to talk with a lender.. otherwise.. just contact a title company.. I recomment Old Republic Title and Escrow in Tacoma.. they are all great there I work with Barb Koval alot. They can set up escrow and transfer the title.. they will walk you through the process.

Julie Anderson
John L. Scott Inc
Gig Harbor WA
Hi, You should have a Realtor do the paper work for you to make sure everything is done without any issues. Make it a smooth transaction!

If you need help I would be happy to help you.

Best of Luck!

I would hire a real estate broker to draw up the paperwork for the 2 of you because you want to make sure it is done properly as Kary said. Also, if they are getting financing from a bank, you will want to have them be approved by a bank right away. If you want to consult more about this or if you want me to help you with either item, feel free to contact me directly.

Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
Web Reference: http://tristarfinance.com