Home Buying in Hayward>Question Details

eechoaong, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

how do i go around forclosure?

Asked by eechoaong, Sacramento, CA Mon Sep 23, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Court steps but do your home work about the property and know if the property has any liens attached to it. Also, talk to a few realtors who specialize in foreclosures.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 28, 2013
I just wrote an article about finding foreclosures on Trulia. I'll put a link to it in the web reference below, that should answer all of your questions.

J.R. Thrasher
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
Are you being foreclosed on or are you looking to by a house that is in pre-foreclosure?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
You need an agent to negotiate on your behalf to persuade the bank to postpone the sale date by doing either a loan modification on your house or a short sale. I regularly do both and would be interested in looking at your situation, you can call me at 510 304 6060 to set up an appointment.

If you are buying and have foreclosure on record, there's a minimum of 1-3 years waiting period until you can qualify for a loan again. The fastest way to find out is to get you qualified by a lender.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
You can contact me on information below I might be able to assist depending on the need.

Jain Rishab
RE/MAX Active Realty.
Short Sale And Foreclosure Resource
Phone: (510) 676-4770
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
If it hasn’t happened yet making the payments on time is the best method. If that isn’t possible work with your lender to find a solution, the large ones have entire departments set up for just this reason.

If it has already happened you can’t legally. “Go around” or “work around” are codes for “how do I commit a fraud?”

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
You can't. If you have completed a foreclosure, there will be consequences.
If you are attempting to avoid a foreclosure, call a real estate professional to evaluate your options such as HAFA, Deed In Lieu, Short Sale and the end game.
Your agent willl be able to direct you to an attorney who will provide a free consultation.
If you are looking to buy a foreclosure, contact a real estate professional.

Best of success
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL

About the accuracy of data on Trulia
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
You don't provide enough info.

If the foreclosure hasn't happened, then talk to the lender. They do not want to foreclose but if you are unreachable, they figure you abandoned the mortgage and this is their only course of action.

If the foreclosure happened already, for conventional loans, there is no going around. You must wait 3 full years. With FHA, they may be willing to approve you but there must be a qualifying "Economic Event" for them to waive the manadory waiting period.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
If you have a foreclosure and your have completed 3 years from the recording date you may be able to buy a home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
take a look at this website as a great reference!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer