Home Buying in Wilmington>Question Details

Allida, Home Buyer in Wilmington, CA

how do i go about changing agent?

Asked by Allida, Wilmington, CA Thu Mar 26, 2009

Answers

5
Dyanna’s answer
Allida if you want to change your agent, you can. Did you sign a contract with them? Did the contract state that you would only buy from that agent. If you didn't then you have all the right to change your agent and find one that knows what they are doing. If you need to ask me any questions please feel free to call me 323.359.7992 or e-mail me dyannaavila@hotmail.com

Good Luck,
Dyanna
Typically, it's not a big deal to change agents, as long as you're not in the process of pursuing a house that was shown by the agent in question. If you want to change agents to buy a house that was already shown by said agent, then said agent is entitled to a commission, should you close on that house. If you are unhappy with the agent, you can always speak with the managing broker of the firm and see if they can help you conclude the purchase (assuming you want to move forward with a house that was already shown by said agent). If you haven't found a house you like with that agent, and you did not sign an Exclusive Right to Represent, you are free to move on to another agent.
Good luck either way.
Allida,

Hi, I'm going to assume this agent is representing you as a buyer. My first question to you is why do you want to change agents? Have you and the agent kept an open communication, let he or she know why you are requesting to change agents. It's possible you just need to voice out your concerns. If in the end you still want to change agents, you need to check and see if you signed a buyers agreement with this agent. If so, for how long.

As a buyer or seller you always have your choice to who you would like to represent you, just make sure you didn't sign anything stating exclusive buyer/agency agreement as stated in another response.

Hope all goes well in your home search.

Lou McNamee
Coldwell Banker
Web Reference: http://www.loubandb.com
Tell them you want to pay a lower commission amount and watch the change take place....
It sounds like you're planning on finding a new agent so when you get a referral, just remember what it's worth ... http://www.trulia.com/blog/jared_christiansen/2009/03/aren_t…

Please note that I do agree with the first two posters... ; )

Good luck, Dunes
When in doubt, call the Broker of Record of the agent representing you and state your purpose for wanting to change. If you have signed an exclusive 'buyer/agency agreement' with this agent, this might make things a bit sticky. Ultimately, you have the right to the very best representation, and, if it is lacking, move on to someone who will do the right thing by you.