Home Buying in Staten Island>Question Details

Vctr5359, Home Buyer in Staten Island, NY

how do i find a "target area" home in staten island? Is there a specific place to look:?

Asked by Vctr5359, Staten Island, NY Tue Oct 29, 2013

Answers

5
Hi, maybe this link can be of help.

http://www.nyshcr.org/Topics/Home/PurchasingaHomeinaTargetArea.htm

There are actually a lot of great homes for great prices in the Staten Island area. You can go in with a really low down payment as well if you have a great lender. I can introduce you to someone if you like. If you are interested, please give me a call at 917-733-7619.
yes, as i eplained earlier, i found t hat location but it does not give me addresses.. it gives me only numbers of target area homes.
Flag Tue Nov 5, 2013
Joe I previously did that and all I received was numbers. there were no houses for me to view I got the names of the target area and numbers
jill i did follow the link n i still got no listings of homes to view ..only got numbers
what is the target area, how to find, Gill
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 3, 2013
the target area is anywhere in staten island new york,, that is where i am looking to purchase my first home . an example of the numbers is as follows: the area (new brighton) then the 2000 censusu bureau number (7.00) then the target number (085-001)... any idea what that mean? thanks
Flag Mon Nov 4, 2013
1.First, you must obtain the las tcensus tract and the block group for the property from the U.S. Census Bureau website. Follow the below instructions to find this information for a specific property.

A. Link to http://factfinder2.census.gov
TARGET AREA, could be different from family to family ,who hunt for NEW HOME. When you looking for a HOUSE - consider every day commute time, School or Daycare facility, if you got children, Shopping Plaza near, if you planned to live in 2 FAM HOME with your older relatives and more...
Flag Mon Nov 11, 2013
Gill, be more specific, may, but maybe i will learn something
Flag Sun Nov 3, 2013
i have done that an all i got was numbers and the place of the target area, but i could not view any homes.
Flag Tue Oct 29, 2013