Home Buying in Valdosta>Question Details

Jeremy Fount…, Other/Just Looking in Valdosta, GA

how do i buy a house for my first time with no credit?

Asked by Jeremy Fountain, Valdosta, GA Fri Apr 2, 2010

Answers

8
Hey Jeremy! It is certainly possible to purchase a home with no credit. I work frequently with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. They are willing to help you create an alternative credit history by using your rental history, cell phone bills, and other household utility bills. Pre-approval not only based on your credit history, it is based on your income and debt-ratio. You mentioned you have no credit, but if you have any student loans they count against you in the debt ratio. I am a licensed Realtor in the Valdosta area and I would love to help you obtain financing and find your first home! Please feel free to contact me by phone or email! You can also visit my website to check out homes for sale in the Metro Valdosta area!

Have a great day!

Morgan Campbell, Realtor
229-563-5903
ListingsByMorgan.com
how can i get help to buy my first home with no credit and never had credit.
Flag Sat Jan 23, 2016
Hi Morgan - I see you are new to trulia, so, as a heads up, in case you're not aware - this question was asked 2 years ago! The date is located under the question in a light gray font.
Best wishes........
Flag Mon Apr 9, 2012
Jeremy..................when you say "no credit".do you mean you have never established any credit lines in that you have never owed and paid a bill in full (car payment, credit card, student loan, etc)? or........do you mean the credit you have is ls not good?

If you have never had a car loan or credit card................go out and get one. Make a purchase...........pay it off in full in 2 payments...............start to show that you are credit worthy and can handle some debt responsibly.

If, however, your credit scores are low............do what you can to help improve them. A loan officer can help with both situations!

Good luck..........
Hi Jeremy!
I am a local realtor, and would love to help you out. I know several lenders here in the area that specialize in helping first time homebuyers, such as yourself, in getting financing for their first home. Now is a perfect time to buy because you can still take advantage of the 1st time home buyer tax credit. And it is definitely a buyers market out there. I can help you find a great deal on a home. So please give me a call at 229 300-4686, and we can get the ball rolling. I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi Jeremy,
Sometimes it can be frustrating not knowing where to begin, but there is help available! I work every day with people who have little or no credit to help them purchase there very own home! There are loan programs available that will allow the use of non-conventional credit lines in order to help people just like you who haven't established credit yet. The programs are standard FHA loans which are currently backed by the government. Give me a call and let me help you realize your dream of being a home owner and hurry because the $8000 Tax Credit will be ending soon!
Contact a local realtor and ask for lender referrals. Contact the lenders and have them pre-qualify you.
Call my buddy Shane Wilcher with Academy Mortgage. If anyone can help you he can, 404-825-3657. Tell him mark sent you.

Mark Lackey
Atlanta Housing Source at
Solid Source Realty, Inc.
Top 1% Producer 2009
Associate Broker
EcoBroker
404-886-8789

Services
Home Buyers & Sellers - http://www.AtlantaHousingSource.com
Property Management – http://www.SolidSourcePM.com

Blogs
Buying & Selling Homes – http://www.Blog.AtlantaHousingSource.com
Property Management – http://www.SSPMBlog.SolidSourcePM.com
You may have some credit already and not realize it--visit with any qualified loan officer(s), see exactly what your budget can handle and check your credit score--your loan officer may have great suggestions on establishing credit in the fastest way if needed.
Hey Jeremy,

FHA will allow you to use "alternative" credit...... phone bills, cell phone bills, car insurance payments etc. Call you local lender for an idea of how to qualify. In this case, I would have you talk to my Bank of America loan officer. He could absolutely help you in the Northern Virginia region.

Best of luck!

Pat