Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Jigang, Renter in Houston, TX

how do a foreign citizen manage his USA property?

Asked by Jigang, Houston, TX Mon Dec 17, 2012

If I buy a house in US, I have to leave the country when my visa expires. If I ask an agent to let and manage my property, how do I know if the agent is on my side and consider my benefits?

Answers

4
Hello Jigang, there are quite a few investors who buy homes and then hire a property manager to take care of the day-to-day business related to the home. Some of these investors do not live in the same area or city, or even in the same state. There might be someone in California buying in Houston because it meets their investing requirements. While not everyone hires a property manager, it does help to have one, so someone in your position knows that whatever needs to be taken care of, is addressed appropriately. There are many agents who manage properties as well. When you hire a property manager, they are obligated to take care of your property so there are no issues and the tenant is taken care of. I would suggest that you talk to a few and see which ones you are comfortable with, before you select someone.

What exactly are you looking for and which area are you interested in?

Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 17, 2012
Most people will hire a property manager.
They charge about 10% a month to manage.
You also pay for any repairs needed.
They typically charge about 1 month's rent to lease the property each time.

You sign an agreement with them outlining their legal obligations to you.

A good one, should want to treat your right so that you buy more properties or recommend friends and family to them to manage more properties. If you are unhappy you can switch.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX

My property management company can assist you. I specialize in locating investment properties and I am also a Master Certified Negotiation Expert.
Please give me a call.

Truly,

Brandon Newton
713-890-9108
I would suggest you contact a Property Management company close to the property- They will handle everything there is to the property from collecting the rents to re-renting the property..

They will charge a monthly fee and that's where you will need to negotiate with them