Diana, Both Buyer and Seller in Sarasota, FL

how do I search for homes in the Tampa Fl. area going to the Gorrie Elementary school

Asked by Diana, Sarasota, FL Thu Dec 9, 2010

I need a home or apartment in this area, am transferring from Dallas Texas and have a 6 year old.
Are there any homes under $125,000 that are in a good safe area?

Answers

13
Hi Diana!

If all the agents put the schools for their listings in the MLS, this would be very easy for you.
Most agents do not post school info out of fear of getting sued over the home buyer not being able to send their kids to the desired school (usually because the school changes boundary lines or so forth).

So since only a few agents post schools and most do not, the only way to do this is to view the properties on an area map surrounding Gorrie Elementary and then double check with the Hillsborough County School Locator (see link http://www.flapropertyfinder.com/tampa-fl-homes-for-sale-hil… ) to determine which school an address has been assigned to. Please note that schools can change boundaries over the summer break.

When I did a search for properties under $125,000 assigned to Gorrie Elementary, only 13 active properties show up: http://www.flapropertyfinder.com/listings/index/mlsnumbers:T…

This is unfortunate because there are 136 properties currently active on the market in the zip codes of 33606, 33602 and 33609 under $125,000 so you will have to check each additional property with the Hillsborough County School Locator.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 9, 2010
Diana,

There is no easy way, even for realtors, since realtors do not fill in the school districts in the MLS. This is because the districts boundaries change almost every year and, if a realtor is not watching their listings, they could be sued for stating that a home is in a certain school district, when it is not.

Saying this, there is a way, but it takes a lot of work on the part of a realtor. Let us know how we can help you.

Bill Szydlowski
Future Home Realty, Inc.
813-323-4443
Web Reference: http://www.tampamyhome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 9, 2010
Hi I am not a realtor and I just wanted to let you know your options are wide. Gorrie is a great school. Daml mabry is just as good and then they both are linked to great higher schools. You can email me if you like. I have a realtor who sends me forclosures or low cost homes as I am too looking to buy. His name is Charles Bevis if you want to contact him. Charles@tampa4u.com. I was raised in South Tampa. It is the best part to live in. Check out Davis Island and Hyde Park. Good Luck. Ms O'Donnell
Medainfl@yahoo.com
Hi Diana,

You should also be concerned about the assigned middle school and high school because they will affect your future resale value. And... who knows you may still be living in Tampa Bay when your 6 year old enters middle school.

The $125k price range is challenging for the areas with the best elementary AND middle schools. You also need to be aware that flood insurance can be quite expensive so best to be sure of that cost upfront.

If you're not yet working wtih a Realtor, please let me know if I can help.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty, Inc.
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 19, 2010
Finding a great Buyers' agent is your first key. A buyers' agent works for "you"! Feel free to interview agents to get a comfortability level by phone.

Realtors have the resources to check listings and show your properties
in the Gorrie Elementary neighborhoods.

I ,too, recommend you check out other schools, for instance Bay Crest Elementary is fabulous and a 5 star school. I You can visit schools, talk to the staff and decide which one you like best, then go house shopping.

Feel free to call me to chat...

PHYLLIS CROSBY, REALTOR- TAMPA FLORIDA
REMAX REALTEC GROUP

813-380-6833
PHYLLISCROSBY@TAMPABAY.RR.COM

RE
Hi Diana,

You may also want to consider a few other Elementary schools that score just as well and higher if you're willing to commute a little further, i.e. Westchase Elementary, Lowry Elementary and McKitrick (probably the best elementary in Hillsborough County).

I can set up a customized search within the Gorrie boundary lines for you, send me an email: Alma@SoldOnTampa.com

All my best,
Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 10, 2010
Diana - Gorrie is a fabulous elementary school. The boundaries currently run just north of Kennedy Boulevard to Harbour Island, Davis Islands down to Bayshore and Rome. The hillsborough County School website has a what's my school link under the school choice information page that gives the schools for a specific address.

My son went to both Gorrie and Mitchell elementary and now is attending Plant High. I moved to S Tampa for the schools. I wouldn't limit to Gorrie - Mitchell and Mabry are excellent too.

To answer your question regarding price - there are very few smaller home and a large section of Gorrie district is large historical estates. If you would like some help navigating S Tampa - feel free to contact me.

Happy Holidays and Best wishes.
Diana,

There are many great deals in the Tampa area. Your best bet is to probably hire a Realtor to do the leg work for you. Also there are great first time buyer programs available in Hillsborough county. They have 7,500 bond money,(Free money) also if you don't mind leaving in certain areas you can also qualify for 100% financing. Also if you buy new the developer will pay all of your closing cost..The truth is that there are many benefits to buying right now...If you need any additional help..feel free to contact me..would be delighted to assist you.

Ben 813-381-0067
ben.suarez31@gmail.com
Hi Diana,

Go to http://www.myfloridahomesmls.com/261525920 and click on Hillsborough County on the map, then on the left put in 33606 and your price range. It will show what homes are on MLS. Once you find an address you are interested in click on the gold School Locator tab near the top and go to Hillsborough County and enter the address and it will tell you what the current schools are for that address. Contact me if you need any more help.

Greg Leavell
Keller Williams Tampa Properties
gleavell1@aol.com
813-857-7586
Hi Diana, here is a good resource right off the Hillsborough county school website, it is a link to the area serviced by Gorrie Elementary:

http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/schools/bound/1681.pdf.

Once you have pinpointed a home you are interested in you can use this tool:

https://choice.sdhc.k12.fl.us/locator/Default.asp

to put in the address to make sure the home is indeed in the correct school district. As another agent mentioned, the school boundaries do change so you want to double check once you have found a good "candidate". A Buyer's Agent will be able to set up a search for you that will pinpoint this particular area of Tampa: the Davis Island, Harbour Island and Hyde Park areas. Good luck in your quest!

Aileen Kane
Exclusively Buyers Realty
1-866-200-5836
Hello Diana. With the new advance search nowaday, you can go to the Hillsborough County School Board web site to verify the zip codes of the areas which the students would attend this school then search for the property either for sale or lease in the areas. you're welcome to search for property on my web site DaoAlderman.com or you can contact me at the following info. Also, $125,000.00 more or less is the average price range in the area.
Dao Alderman, Realtor, CPMS, CSP, TRC, CRS
Keller Williams Realty, New Tampa
Direct 813-997-2536
email Hyda@aol.com
Please feel free to contact me, and I would be delighted to send you properties in that district!

Heather Murray
Jamason & Associates
Tampa Bay's Hardest Working Real Estate Team
813.380.9597
Just contact an agent to do a specific search for you. There are terrific values available right now.

Jim & Nancy Ward -Keller Williams 813-319-6236
WardTeam@KW.com