Home Buying in Denver>Question Details

bsweangen, Home Owner in Denver, CO

how do I list a home?

Asked by bsweangen, Denver, CO Mon Jan 13, 2014

Answers

26
If the question was directed at Trulia, and you were looking to list it yourself, you cannot on Trulia. Its only for Real Estate professionals.

However if this was to the community, like the previous comments said, you should hire a Realtor who will manage the whole process for you. I would be happy to be interviewed by you.

Julie Reddington
720 226 4168
http://www.JulieReddingtonRealEstate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 13, 2014
Be sure to sell your home with a Realtor!
Great question! A homeowner can list a home in Zillow (unfortunately, you can't do that here in Trulia but your agent can!)and you can check out this link-- http://www.zillow.com/help/ for more details regarding your concern. However, I strongly suggest that you hire a realtor to help you since home selling can be quite overwhelming, particularly when it comes to paperwork and requirements. If you have further inquiries, don't hesitate to call me at (303) 656-9561.
As many Realtors have mentioned below, you should interview a few Realtors to help you list your home. While interviewing the Realtors, find out what separates there marketing program from the competition. You want to find someone that has the experience and track record to help you sell your home. It is key to find someone you connect with and be ready to transform your home into a showroom.
The answer depends on whether you want to list the home as an Owner (FSBO, for sale by owner) or list the home with a Licensed Realtor?
Thanks for your reply. I am a broker/owner and have a property I need to know
how to list with Zillow. can you help.
Flag Wed Jan 15, 2014
You should interview several Realtors not just a real estate agent. There is a difference.
A Realtor belongs to a local board of Realtors and the National Association of Realtors.
A real estate agent does not.

Realtors are governed by a strict code of ethics.

I partner with my wife. So, we are a husband and wife real estate team. We have been helping buyers and sellers for 12 years in the Denver Metro area.

We would appreciate the opportunity to sit down and talk to you about listing your home.

Our motto "Respecting You"

Rich Foerster
720-530-5553
rich@thefoerstertea,.com
http://www.thefoersterteam.com
Wow! The Colorado agents, Realtors and Brokers are all over this one! And they should be!

If your question is: how do I list a home on Trulia.com myself? The answer is that you cannot. Your Realtor can. So…for so many reasons – as detailed by several Realtors in answer to your question – contact one of more of the Realtors who have responded to you here. Interview them and engage one of them to list your house for sale.

Selling houses is something professionals do better, quicker and with more satisfying results than amateurs do.
Most simply put, you interview a few agents, find out what they have to offer, then you hire one! Each agent should be able to offer a distinct value proposition as to why they should be hired. Any Realtor worth their salt should be able to show you recent successes and raving fans. Personally, I'd recommend an agent that can show you exactly what they plan to do in order to get your house sold, including specific marketing techniques and where they've time blocked you into their schedule. Feel free to call or text with more questions, or if you just want some free 1-on-1 consulting if you plan to sell on your own!

Dave Umphress
Keller Williams Advantage Realty
Direct Line: 303-578-0741
DaveSoldMyHouse@gmail.com
Find a trusted Realtor that knows your area. They can make sure your home is on every site.
Good luck to you and feel free to call with any questions.

Amie Morozs- realtor
720-495-5705
We would love to show you what the Wisdom Real Estate team can do for you to get you top dollar for your home. We are happy to sit down for a no pressure no obligation meeting to walk you through all of your options.

Thanks!
Dan
720-252-3854
info@wisdomrealestate.net
Can you be more specific? Are you trying to list a home on the Trulia site, or some other site, without a Realtor? Most real estate search sites do not allow the homeowner to list their home and instead require a Listing Agent to add the listing, or they will get data from a local MLS entry system.

Do you have a Realtor? If so, they'll take care of all of this for you. If not, you should seriously consider getting one. Listing a home is just one of many things that have to happen to sell your home for the most money in the least amount of time.

Real Estate contracts are legally binding and can have significant legal and financial consequences for all parties. Your interests would likely be better served having professional representation in any matter of this significance.

I am available to discuss the process of listing your home with a Realtor, without obligation on your part. If your interested, call or email me at the contact info below.

Best of luck.

Larry Brake
Broker Associate
HomeSmart Realty Group
303-877-5242
LB@MileHiHomes4Sale.com
http://www.MileHiHomes4Sale.com
You have received many great answers.
If you are interested in listing with a Realtor, I would be happy to sit down with and discuss some options.

Have a great day!

Samantha Staples, CNE
Licensed Realtor
Keller Williams Denver Central
720-313-4439
staplessamantha@gmail.com
http://www.lovemydenverhome.com
I would interview several agents, and then hire the one that you think will be able to get your house sold for the highest price in the shortest amount of time. I would love the chance to interview with you for a chance to whelp you sell your home. I have several recommendations on Trulia, and would be happy to show you more.

Jim Groskopf
720.289.3027
Jimismyagent@gmail.com
Finding the right agent for you can be daunting, but other responses have laid out the recommended process pretty well. Agree that getting recommendations from friends/family/co-workers is the best route to go, but even then is advisable to talk to a couple agents before deciding on the one you feel most comfortable with.

I am always happy to help.

Kris Shuter
Velocity Real Estate & Investments, Inc.
Phone: 303-589-2776
Fax: 303-831-4016
Email: shuter@velocityrei.com
Web: http://www.velocityrei.com
Search the MLS system 24/7 at http://www.velocityrei.com
Call or text me. I will help you all the way through.

Derrek S. Patrick
Derrek.patrick@coloradohomes.com
720-987-5271 (M)
You can save money by listing it with Commerce REALPro. It will Syndicate your property to 135 different websites. Call me with questions. You can list as many properties as you like for 9.95 per month!

joejarock
303-226-1229
jjarock@commercemtg.com
If you are looking to facilitate a For Sale By Owner, there are many resources on the Internet which will provide guidance. I suggest a Google serach "For Sale By Owner Colorado Real Estate: or similar. If you are searching for guidance concerning the hiring of a real estate broker, here is what I advise to clients.

Interview three (3) brokers: I usually suggest interviewing three brokers to ascertain a comfort level and to whom you will feel more comfortable with. The reality is selling a home is a partnership and both parties need to have a good working relationship as the process is complex and time-consuming. Thus you want to feel comfortable as you would in a business partnership.

Finding the Brokers: Look around your neighborhood and see which brokers have signs. Visit some open-houses, ask friends for referrals, use this board. There are thousands of brokers in Metro Denver. However you should consider one that is 1) familiar with your neighborhood, 2) have a track record of successful sales and closings, 3) can provide guidance and finally with whom you feel comfortable working with.

The Working Relationship: To be honest I view the working relationship as a two-way street. Not only do you have to feel comfortable and confident with the broker, the broker must feel comfortable as well to insure success. Personally I have turned away and/or referred potential clients when I knew our working relationship may be challenged of expectations on either side were not realistic. Remember your relationship will most likely endure at minimum a few months.

Broker Background: Most brokers have access to the same Multilist http://(www.REColorado.com) services and marketing options. It is best when interviewing a potential broker to ask questions including their marketing strategies, values in the neighborhood and so forth. Again this is a multi-month process and one that should not be taken lightly.

Commission: Brokers are paid on commission and as in most transactions I truly believe you get what you pay for. I for one rarely discount my commission as I am full-service and offer my clients 110% of my time and effort. However a discount or limited service brokerage may be better suited for your situation, thus again interview multiple brokers. Of note commissions are usually paid at closing thus if a broker asks for up-front $$ or similar, be skeptical, just one brokers opinion.

The selling and buying of a home can be stressful. It is important you consider the working relationship as paramount. Anyone can provide a Competitive Market Analysis and updates, however it is best you choose a broker and/or team you will feel most comfortable with for your transaction.

If you have an attorney or accountant? Consider contacting them to assist with advice. Upon the sale do you plan to move-up or down concerning residence, possibly rental? Do you understand the tax implications of a sale? While a broker may be able to advise, in such situations legal and financial adviser may offer an added benefit.

Good luck and wishing you the best of success.
Ask your friends and family for recommendations first, if you do not find anybody that way, look online for a broker that knows your area (either has listings or had brought buyers to your neighborhood). Review the brokers profile, website, info, so you learn about what they do, how much experience and knowledge they have. Then pick two for an interview. Let them know what are your expectation, your wants and needs. Pick the one that you feel the most comfortable working and communicating with. There is a lot that goes into listing and successfully selling a house. Good luck.

Hana Brown
http://www.searchcoloradohome.com
303-905-3058
As all of we brokers have answered below, it's best to interview a few brokers, or ask your friends and family for recommendations. Sit down and spend some time and make sure that you feel comfortable and that the broker has answered all of your questions. It makes sense to hire a proven professional to guide you through what likely is the sale of your largest asset. Look for someone with a proven track record of listing and selling homes! Best of luck and I am certain you will find someone who meets your needs.

Christine Nicholson
Kentwood City Properties
Give me a call if you would like to meet.
I can explain the process of listing your home for sale.
Belinda Cox
Whitfield Company
3037043134
Give me call to set an appointment and I will go through the whole listing and selling Process.

303-971-0116
To be completely honest, you would be best served by engaging a licensed real estate agent (preferably a Realtor and preferably ME!) LOL

Seriously, there are a lot of facets to selling your home and it's our job to make it as painless and profitable for you as possible. By far most sellers consider the cost to be money very well spent.

Feel free to give us a call if you'd like some help or just an overview of the process...

Tony & Karen
720-427-4836
Info@TKHRealty.com
Call a real estate agent and set up a meeting! Call me if you have questions or want to meet.
303 906 9000.
Call a Realtor! 303-880-6167

Marina Bay/Realtor
Cherry Creek Properties
Give me a call. 720-625-0224
Contact a few local agents in your area. You can set up interviews with them to see which one would be the best fit for you. These agents can do a comparative market analysis to set a price, give tips on what you can do to prepare the property for a sale, go over the process of listing and selling a home, and answer any other questions you may have.