Home Buying in Redding>Question Details

Joanne, Both Buyer and Seller in Redding, CA

how do I know what school district a home is in? Is there a website to enter in a address to show what?

Asked by Joanne, Redding, CA Wed Aug 13, 2008

schools are for that neighborhood?
Thanks!

Answers

12
Enter your address in the search box of
http://www.SchoolDistrictFinder.com
and you will be able to find the school district your home is in, and school districts around your address.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 21, 2010
Joanne,

Hi, if you go to Greatschools.net and follow the steps you will be able to enter the address of the property and find out what elementary, middle and high school is the nearest to that address.

Hope this helps.

Lou McNamee
Coldwell Banker
Web Reference: http://www.loubandb.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 13, 2008
Joanne:

Call the school district in the city of your choice. This varies from City to City. For example, I work in So Cal, and in Long Beach (one of my areas of specialization) they have a web site where you enter the property address and they tell you the schools for that address. In Torrance (another one of my areas) you have the call the child welfare office at the school district and have them look it up.

There are public websites out there that claim to have the information. I strongly suggest that you do not depend on these. In some areas they are as high as 90 - 95% correct (in some areas less). I would hate to be the parent of a child and find out my son or daughter had to go to a school I do not prefer, just because I did not go the extra mile to verify this.

Hope you find a great home, in a great school district, at a great price and Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis
Real Estate Consultant
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 13, 2008

One of the best methods is to call the school or district directly.

Kind regards,

Arpad
What high school belongs to 8285 sw 178 terrace, palmetto bay, fl 33157
The website http://www.schoolandhousing.com will easily help in this matter. Or call me at 925-989-4642 and I will help you without any fees or commitment on your part.
I live at 690 reed market what is my school district
campus1:185 - block-2 P.E.C.H.S. KARACHI. THE ANCHORAGE SCHOOL
I live at 29656 winterberry dr, harvest, al. what is the elementary school for my district?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
2237 east 115th strret, ny ny
Joanne, Go to the Shasta County Office of Education website where you will find a map of school district lines. Or, go to their office located at 1644 Magnolia Ave. in Redding and they will give you a big map that is very detailed and user friendly. Their phone # is 225-0200 if you need directions or you can consult mapquest. If you need any other assistance please call me at my office 244-6830. Jim Westerberg, US Lending Co, Redding, CA