Patty Adams…, Home Owner in Manchester, NH

how do I get Trulia to revaluate my homes worth.. I put in the added updates but it did not change the value

Asked by Patty Adams McGarry, Manchester, NH Thu Nov 29, 2012

Answers

3
Patty the estimates you see on Trulia and similar sites are often not realistic when it comes to what a home is worth in todays market. You often can not change what they have in their formulas. It is unfortanate but a fact of life we face every day. They use recent sales and property transfers that are often not true market value which often values homes much less than what they are actually worth. The best way to get your homes true value is by having a local and trusted Real Estate broker complete a BPO known as a Brokers Price Opinion. it will look at the 3 most comparable and recent sales and 3 homes most similar currently listed and arrive at what your home is worth, what you should ask for it if you placed it for sale and what you would probabily sell it for in todays market. Please feel free to contact me if you need assistance selling your home.

Scott Godzyk
Godzyk Real Estate Services
sctprop@aol.com

Trulia's #1 Agent in New Hampshire
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hello Patty, most of the houses updates will not show increase in the value of the house.
Thses are termed as essentials within a house.
But if you have added square footage to the house than it will.
For example : added screened porch, pool or basement enclosures.

Hi Patty,

Unlike an actual agent Trulia, Zillow or any other internet valuation service for that matter can give a true and accurate value since it can not see your home and truly evaluate it. these values are based solely on basic features; beds, baths, square footage, and compare them to what the system considers comparable homes. It does not take into account, flooring types, kitchen features, quality of workmanship, moldings, ceiling height, counters, bath styles or many other things. This can only be done by a professional agent or appraiser. If you would like a free evaluation, feel free to contact me any time on my cell at 603.765.3239. All consultations are free and kept confidential whether you plan to sell or not.

Jason Duval, REALTOR, ePRO, CRS
Licensed Broker in NH & MA
603.424.4053
jduval@kw.com