Kahleeka Whi…, Home Buyer in New York, NY

how do I find out if my home is a single or multi to rent and what is the procedure to rent out?

Asked by Kahleeka Whitfield, New York, NY Wed Nov 28, 2012

Answers

4
Andrew Tisellano, Broker/Assoc’s answer
Hi

your town can tell you if your home is a single or multi family. some clues might be how many Kitchens you have in your home and if you have separate utilities. Even if you only have 1 kitchen and 1 electric meter if your home is in a 2 family zone you may be able to convert it to a multi family home.

please contact me for a free evaluation.
Hi Khaleeka,

If you home is ready to be rented and is registered as a rental with your municipality where the home is located than by all means rent it out fast.

The first step you would want to take is making sure all the right legal paper work has been done with your local mulnicipality in which the property is located.

Next would be to make sure that you do a" walk-thru" to make sure your home is ready for renting and don't forget to create a checklist and take lots of pictures of the place before you rent the property. Why so that this will cover you as a Landlord in case any tenant vs. landlord drama happens. You always want to make sure the condition of the property "before & after" the tenant moves out. is as it was before they moved in.

Last once you have all your paperwork needed to now become a landlord all you have left to do is welcome your new tenant(s). with a cute gift like this pic here >>
Also you can reach me at my webpage >> http://www.Basimah-North.com
Youtube Video: http://youtu.be/UdBj_8CF5JU
Flag Mon Dec 23, 2013
Check with the zoning board or building department of your town. They should be able to provide the
correct information. Be careful asking the tax department some towns will tax you on the number of units they believe are occupying the property and not what the building department states.
My procedure would be to tour your property then create a unique marketing plan to attract tenant procurement for your home.

That is my quick and in a nutshell answer.
Feel free to contact me directly so we can thoroughly discuss the property in question and
potential rent amount.

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in NJ and GA
Weichert Realtors
973.687.7095