Home Buying in Clay County>Question Details

Dawna, Home Owner in Clay County, NC

how do I find it there is a lean on my property?

Asked by Dawna, Clay County, NC Wed Nov 10, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:



In NC you just need to contact or if you know how go to the website for the Clay County register of deeds site. You can then (depending on the counties website) search for any liens on a property address or your name. There is a lag time usually though if something has just been filed so you can always go down to the court house and go the Register of Deeds office and have them pull you file.

Hope this helps,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 11, 2010
This is normally determined through the closing process through the services of an attorney or title company. Active liens that are filed against the property are recorded at the county records department.

Good luck,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 11, 2010
If you are working with a realtor they can ask the title company they work with to pull a preliminary title report which will give you a pretty good idea of what liens have been filed, but certainly the County Recoder is the best place to go.

Best Regards,
Catherine Bedrossian
Home Sales Maker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 10, 2010
Go to your County Recorder where all property transactions are recorded. They will help you with the research. Doris, OK Realty, Inc. Bisbee AZ
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 10, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer