Home Buying in El Mirage>Question Details

Melba Diaz, Real Estate Pro in Irvine, CA

how do I buy a home that is going to auction? I live in California and I want to buy a home in El Mirage to be near my parents that are sick.

Asked by Melba Diaz, Irvine, CA Sun May 9, 2010

where or who do I contact for the auction? Melba 760-803-1474 Leggs_onthego@yahoo.com

Answers

3
James Wehner’s answer
If questions is regarding a home that is going to trustee sale, then you first need to know what the opening bid amount is going to be. This figure isn't typically disclosed until approximately 24hrs prior to the sale. In some rare cases it may be post a few days before.

Are you interested in purchasing a the home from the previous owners via a short sale?
Web Reference: http://www.jameswehner.com
Do you know the property you are interested in? If you contact me I can research it. I know the El Mirage area pretty well and I can help.

I do not wish to discourage you, but buying at auction is not as easy as you might think. Trustee sales are dominated by large investor groups that snap up the good ones before you can get a bid in. Public auctions a loaded with hidden fees that will turn your bargain into not such a good deal.

I personally believe your best chance is to locate a nice bank owned home on the MLS and bid accordingly.

Joseph Domino
REALTOR®, CSSN
HomeSmart
(Office) 602-503-4194
(Mobile) 480-390-6011
(Fax) 602-503-4194
jsdomino@scottsdale-azhomes.com
http://www.Scottsdale-AZHomes.com
Dear Melba:

You need to find out from a lender where they are auctioning their homes. Or if you know a home, ask the lender where it will be auctioned. Private auction company or public on the Maricopa County Courthouse steps.

If you need help with foreclosed homes in Arizona, just let me know. I can help you with those that are on the Arizona MLS.

Regards, Jeff

Jeff Masich, Realtor
HomeSmart Realty
Scottsdale